neighbor vandalized my floodlight, my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I'm just amazed that folks know this subject is a certified
kook, guilty of criminal trespass, and destruction of property + vandalism, yet they are still acting as if
neighborly chit chat will solve all the issues...

You guys are in denial.

Let's say you're right. If the OP goes to the police, what do you think happens? Does the neighbor suddenly decide to act rational? Does he decide to stop his irrational behavior? Why do you think the neighbor will back down? You've said in the past that if a person treats you poorly, you would treat that person worse than they treated you. If the neighbor acts like you suggest, what happens to the OP's house and family then?

I think it's fairly obvious that this doofus doesn't want to face the consequences of his actions. That's why he does his vandalizing and doorbell ringing on the sly.

If the OP gets this clown on a recording....the authorities WILL face him. That, in my opinion, will not lead to further escalation. It will cause him to realize that now he must pay for his actions. No more hiding.

In my opinion it will end at that point.

After reading the same people post the same stuff over and over in this thread, the neighbor is starting to sound pretty sane!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
After reading the same people post the same stuff over and over in this thread, the neighbor is starting to sound pretty sane!

Uh, no, the insanity is that some here believe that you can
reason with an UNreasonable neighbor.
crackmeup2.gif

It would be hard to reason with the fellow, which is something you can expect to run into in a housing addition, but it seems by the lack of the OP's recent posts, the solution has worked.

I'm just amazed that folks know this subject is a certified
kook, guilty of criminal trespass, and destruction of property + vandalism, yet they are still acting as if
neighborly chit chat will solve all the issues...

You guys are in denial.

Let's say you're right. If the OP goes to the police, what do you think happens? Does the neighbor suddenly decide to act rational? Does he decide to stop his irrational behavior? Why do you think the neighbor will back down? You've said in the past that if a person treats you poorly, you would treat that person worse than they treated you. If the neighbor acts like you suggest, what happens to the OP's house and family then?

I don't recall if the OP has contacted the police just to inform them of his neighbor's actions - at least the door bell ringing and running off and suspecting that he's trespassing and vandalizing the lights. IMO, it would be worth reporting and seeing what the police say about it.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I still think to go to the house and knock on his door.

I would hesitate doing that. If this neighbor guy is unstable, he could take it as a threatening move and who knows if he has guns in the house. Things could escalate fast. If this guy needs to be talked to, try to catch him out in the street or someplace more neutral.

^^This. This scum bag has already violated your privacy,vandalized your home that you're paying for with your hard earned money,and has no shame in doing so. I'd knock on his door,drag him outside by his throat and beat him into submission. When I saw that pic of your vandalized property,it REALLY [censored] me off,and it's not even my property!

Originally Posted By: andrewg
If the OP gets this clown on a recording....the authorities WILL face him. That, in my opinion, will not lead to further escalation. It will cause him to realize that now he must pay for his actions. No more hiding.

In my opinion it will end at that point.

All speculation and conjecture.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

I would hesitate doing that. If this neighbor guy is unstable, he could take it as a threatening move and who knows if he has guns in the house. Things could escalate fast.

The same thing could happen if the police are called, if he's as unstable as some think he is. Why does everyone just assume calling the police will end the matter?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

^^This. This scum bag has already violated your privacy,vandalized your home that you're paying for with your hard earned money,and has no shame in doing so. I'd knock on his door,drag him outside by his throat and beat him into submission. When I saw that pic of your vandalized property,it REALLY [censored] me off,and it's not even my property!

Why is it ok for you to break the law, but the neighbor breaking the law [censored] you off? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Why is it ok for you to break the law, but the neighbor breaking the law [censored] you off? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Because the GREAT state of Texas has our AWESOME Texas Castle Doctrine Law
cheers3.gif
If that creep tried those stunts on someone's ranch or farm here,he would've already met his maker.

cheers3.gif
If that creep tried those stunts on someone's ranch or farm here,he would've already met his maker.

Only if you catch him in the act. Going to his property makes you wrong, and gives him the right to help you make your maker.

cheers3.gif

Only if you catch him in the act. Going to his property makes you wrong, and gives him the right to help you make your maker.

That'd be a chance I'm willing to take.

cheers3.gif

Luckily we in South Carolina have similar laws as well, if you believe your property is in jeopardy from theft or destruction you can eliminate the threat with deadly force. I totally agree.

I would first file a complaint with the police and have evidence on video before eliminating the threat with deadly force. There are some situations that just can't be solved any other way, short of you moving, and why should you?!!! You are the civil decent
neighbor, its time good people stop retreating with their tail behind their legs and take matters into their own hands if nothing else will solve problems.

Last edited:
Yep, the neighbor is looking pretty sane right now. Shooting someone over a light?
50.gif

Yep, the neighbor is looking pretty sane right now. Shooting someone over a light?
50.gif

The ones justifying violence and murder over a light think they're the sane ones..........

50.gif

Creatures that initially destroy private property and trespass usually move on to bigger crimes which can include attacking others. If this kook is unstable, I would bet that he escalates his activities even if cutehumor simply did nothing at all about the issue.

The beautiful thing is that "the law" such as the Castle Doctrine allow decent law abiding citizens to protect their property and person with the use of deadly force the additional benefit is that it puts other potential idiots on notice that they could be eliminated too, if they try the same thing.

Last edited:
50.gif

Creatures that initially destroy private property and trespass usually move on to bigger crimes which can include attacking others. If this kook is unstable, I would bet that he escalates his activities even if cutehumor simply did nothing at all about the issue.

The beautiful thing is that "the law" such as the Castle Doctrine allow decent law abiding citizens to protect their property and person with the use of deadly force.

^^Exactly! Your home is your domain,where you should feel safe and secure,not being victimized by some nut job every chance he gets. What if he decides to step it up a notch,by breaking in your house,stalking you,peering through your windows. The buck stops here imo. Violate my home,my safety,and my privacy (especially repeatedly),then be prepared to be beaten into submission.

Originally Posted By: Subdued
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
This thread shows a lot of what is wrong with society today. Rather than act like a mature adult and discuss the situation with a neighbor, the original poster chose to continue to escalate it. Then there are all the wild speculators that claim everything from a citizens arrest to knowing that the neighbor is insane.
Living behind fences? Posting no trespassing signs all over your property? Putting up security cameras and blasting the neighborhood with floodlights? What a sad way to live.

What's your address? I have to blow off some steam so I may as well vandalize a house...

Why? Because what he says actually makes sense? As it is, way too many people are freaking out in this thread.

Call me old school, but I just had to deal with a neighbor in this way yesterday. Kids were running wild around here. Talked to the guy...and guess what-no drama! Life is too short to sweat every detail anyways....turns out the guy was a little odd, but was still willing to listen...

And I agree with Pop.....that is a sad way to live....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back