Need a winter tire rec...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy sand blasting/painting my rims offered to clear coat them for $10 ea. wondering why I would want clearcoat?

Last edited:
For my winter rims I never went crazy. Black steel and hubcaps are great and easy to replace if damaged. If factory is all alloy versions then rattle can silver when they get bad. The Sequoia winters were decent when I got them for $150 for all 4 alloys. Washed all the time waxed etc and salt just killed them. They are now 12 years old and rattle canned a couple times to look better. 3rd full set of snows on them, 1st Nokian, then Altimax Arctics, latest set bought November '14.

This was on first set of Altimax. I might even try silver or black plastidip next time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Sequoiasoon
For my winter rims I never went crazy. Black steel and hubcaps are great and easy to replace if damaged. If factory is all alloy versions then rattle can silver when they get bad. The Sequoia winters were decent when I got them for $150 for all 4 alloys. Washed all the time waxed etc and salt just killed them. They are now 12 years old and rattle canned a couple times to look better. 3rd full set of snows on them, 1st Nokian, then Altimax Arctics, latest set bought November '14.

This was on first set of Altimax. I might even try silver or black plastidip next time.

Steel wheel are best option, and plastic covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back