Navy Vessel for sale at $180K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
To get the 190-ton craft moving at a manufacturer's claimed top speed of 35 mph, the Sea Slice has two MTU diesel engines and two 180-kW Caterpillar generators that give it 6,964 horsepower. Its fuel tanks hold 11,112 gallons — at a little over $2.30 a gallon for diesel, that's about $25,500 for a fill-up. That'll sting, but think of how much you're already saving off the sticker price.

My neighbors would be envious, not!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Looks like it would have the maneuverability of a dead whale, but it's fascinating.

Don't judge it by its looks, it's actually an amazing platform that can fly through rough seas and is HIGHLY maneuverable...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Looks like it would have the maneuverability of a dead whale, but it's fascinating.

Don't judge it by its looks, it's actually an amazing platform that can fly through rough seas and is HIGHLY maneuverable...

Funny, I looked at the picture and thought that it looked very fast and slightly futuristic.

You'd realize more than $180K scrapping this beauty, so it'll go for more than that at auction.
This would be one neat toy for somebody with the bucks to operate and maintain a large yacht.
Fast and very costly when delivered.
I wonder how many hours those MTUs have and I wonder when this small ship was last drydocked?
If you could buy this fast little ship in good operable condition for 180K, it would be a real steal.

For $180K I could buy that, sell my house pocket the difference, and make a houseboat out of it. All it takes is a little imagination. The Navy builds those things with about a 50 year life expectancy don't they? If so I'll be dead and my son can have it.

Try the battleship USS North Carolina...
BB55...

2,000,000 gallons wartime capacity,
15,000 gallons a hour at max speed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back