Napa Silver 31515 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 31515 came off my Harley Sportster on the 30 of July. Installed Oct 27th of 2015.
Oil used was DELO 400 LE 15W40. Only 1,563 mi on this run, but I got bored and this was the cheapest and least destructive way to entertain myself ATM.
1/4-1/3 of the milage is 5mi trip to work each way in temps between 23-45 degrees.
The rest is 6-50 mile trips in temps of 45-95 degrees. Plenty of freeway time, some stop and go traffic lasting over 1 hr.
The 4 o'clock stain in image #4 is the bottom of the filter as it was installed. The magnet on the dipstick picked up more gunk than that. The combo valve is as pliable as a nitrile valve should be. Pretty good over all, but of course low miles.

In went Super 76 20w50 with a NAPA Gold 1515. Reason for choosing 76 oil is HTHS of 5.0, however valvetrain is now audible. The NAPA Gold is definitely not going to be wasted with such a short run.

Same set up compared at 200mi.

Filter looks pretty good .... Thanks for the C&P.
smile.gif

I have used several of those and liked them, a great bargain filter. That is crazy high HTHS even for a 20w50 isn't it? Super 76 is good stuff.

Hi Dyusik;
Ck under the used oil analysis in the motor cycle section. A lot of people like the Valvoline 20w50 racing. I see you are in WA also. Thanks for the C&P.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back