NAPA sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: JHogan
Ok so question, just throwing this out there. P4 and p4 ultra have a decent amount of moly right? Ok valvoline/Napa have sodium and no moly right. Ok from what I understand so far is that moly's biggest Job is anti wear and sodium is more anti corrosive. So if I switched every other oil change between p4 and syn power could there be any benefit to that? Why or why not?

No, moly's main job is not anti wear. It is friction reducer. Regardless since you do not know all of the components of the oil comparison on this most basic level is meaningless.

If moly is a friction reducer,I'm guessing that's why oils with high moly content seems to run really smooth?

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Ok so question, just throwing this out there. P4 and p4 ultra have a decent amount of moly right? Ok valvoline/Napa have sodium and no moly right. Ok from what I understand so far is that moly's biggest Job is anti wear and sodium is more anti corrosive. So if I switched every other oil change between p4 and syn power could there be any benefit to that? Why or why not?

No, moly's main job is not anti wear. It is friction reducer. Regardless since you do not know all of the components of the oil comparison on this most basic level is meaningless.

Asking questions and raising ideas are prerequisites to aquiring knowledge. Knowledge should be shared and learned together amongst folks without criticism or impatience. The op asked valid questions. They are valid because he is curious and looking to understand. We should remember to follow simple elementary principals such as treating others the way we want to be treated. Very little of anything is actually meaningless. You could have just as easily explained to him what you think you know and then there would be meaning instead of "meaninglessness".

Originally Posted By: sir1900
NAPA is running a sale on their conventional blue bottle for 1.99 a quart, is that a decency deal I know it's basically rebranded valvoline just curious what everyone thought.

I think that is an excellent deal. Last time I saw a NAPA sale in the United States for the 0W20 synthetic, I brought back 2 cases. It's basically rebranded Valvoline. Use it with confidence.

thumbsup2.gif
I bought some of the NAPA conventional oil myself when I noticed the sale in the store on July 1st. I have quite a bit of NAPA oil in stash ... it's good stuff.
smile.gif

Thanks for that. I came to BITOG to learn because there's knowledgeable individuals and a wealth of info. Can't learn if I don't ask. I'm not a scientist or a chemist so I'm not already just going to "know" these answers; hence me asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back