NAPA dumps Michael Waltrip Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Isn't Junior needing a real full-time sponsor... instead of his current patchwork of sponsorships?

Didn't think of that. Or else it would be awesome if they could go to Penske and get Sam Hornish a full time ride.

It is a win-win. Napa would be able to tap the popularity of Junior (commercials, promos, marketing), and NAPA would be affiliated with Hendrick Racing... and vice-versa.

There HAVE to be people at NAPA who seriously considering this for 2014. Does Hendrick have any other relationships with anyone who could be considered any of NAPA's competition?

The only one I could think of was Purolator, but I'm not seeing it amongst the list of sponsors...

http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/partners

Isn't Junior needing a real full-time sponsor... instead of his current patchwork of sponsorships?

The reason he has a patchwork of sponsors is the cost to be on any of Hendrick's cars is 2-4 times what it cost to be on one of MWR's cars. Just like NASCAR's TV deal. The cost is so high, that no one broadcast company wants to pay it, so they split it among 2 different networks.

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
Originally Posted By: gman2304
Now if we can get rid of his brother and Larrymac on TV! Boogity, boogity my a$$!

I'm with you 100%, gman! I've turned several races off on account of those two. Especially that babbling idiot Larry Mac!

After reading this it makes me think back to the old days of ESPN when you had Bob Jenkins, Ned Jarrett and Benny Parsons (RIP Benny), along with Dr. Jerry Punch and John Kernan (along with a few others) on pit road. That was probably the best broadcasting team of all-time.

I like the way Dale Jarrett and Brad Daugherty and they're team call the races. I don't follow Nascar much anymore, but I won't even watch a race when Waltrip and Larrymac are calling it.

My issue with Brad Daugherty and Michael Waltrip calling races is they own teams that are in those races. It would be like having Roger Penske or Chip Ganassi call an IndyCar race, just does not seem right or impartial.

I also thought it was interesting that the breaking Joey Lagano radio news was on Fox Sports 1 which has Michael Waltrip on their payroll and the only team that could have benefited from penalties was MWR.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
My issue with Brad Daugherty and Michael Waltrip calling races is they own teams that are in those races. It would be like having Roger Penske or Chip Ganassi call an IndyCar race, just does not seem right or impartial.

I also thought it was interesting that the breaking Joey Lagano radio news was on Fox Sports 1 which has Michael Waltrip on their payroll and the only team that could have benefited from penalties was MWR.

Looks like someone has a birthday today!

Happy Happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back