NAPA dumps Michael Waltrip Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good thing. Maybe the teams with think twice about cheating. It's very bad for the sport.

The sport is about racing not drama.

I actually feel bad for Martin Truex and the people associated with his car. I think they had no idea what was going on, and are getting the short end of the deal.

I wonder who NAPA will sponsor next? Maybe they can sponsor Ryan Newman in the 31 or else Kurt Busch in SHR, I think he is gonna be the #4 car next season.

Isn't Junior needing a real full-time sponsor... instead of his current patchwork of sponsorships?

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Now if we can get rid of his brother and Larrymac on TV! Boogity, boogity my a$$!

I'm with you 100%, gman! I've turned several races off on account of those two. Especially that babbling idiot Larry Mac!

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Isn't Junior needing a real full-time sponsor... instead of his current patchwork of sponsorships?

Didn't think of that. Or else it would be awesome if they could go to Penske and get Sam Hornish a full time ride.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I actually feel bad for Martin Truex and the people associated with his car. I think they had no idea what was going on, and are getting the short end of the deal.

It is the same in ANY employment situation. As an employee, if you can't trust upper management to make good, ethical decisions, which are for the good of everyone involved... then find employment elsewhere.

Decisions DO have consequences. MWR has figured that one out the hard way.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Didn't think of that. Or else it would be awesome if they could go to Penske and get Sam Hornish a full time ride.

It is a win-win. Napa would be able to tap the popularity of Junior (commercials, promos, marketing), and NAPA would be affiliated with Hendrick Racing... and vice-versa.

There HAVE to be people at NAPA who seriously considering this for 2014. Does Hendrick have any other relationships with anyone who could be considered any of NAPA's competition?

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
Now if we can get rid of his brother and Larrymac on TV! Boogity, boogity my a$$!

I'm with you 100%, gman! I've turned several races off on account of those two. Especially that babbling idiot Larry Mac!

+1!! If I have a race on at the start, I always make sure to hit the mute button for the first couple laps.

From what I have gathered, it is not sounding like Napa is going to sponsor a car, at least next year anyways. They were totally mad about the whole thing, so do not be surprised...

Also do not be surprised if Martin leaves as well....this has not been sitting well with him either....

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935

LOL.. AGREED

Good move for NAPA - they have my respect. Waltrip made a very unprofessional decision and needs to pay the price.

Seems like NAPA has been with Waltrip for a long time, even when he was with DEI, such a shame for him to let it all go away that easy. Also MWR hasn't had the best track record for following rules, the first race they were in with Toyota they had the cooking fuel in the intake fiasco.

Seems like NAPA has been with Waltrip for a long time, even when he was with DEI, such a shame for him to let it all go away that easy. Also MWR hasn't had the best track record for following rules, the first race they were in with Toyota they had the cooking fuel in the intake fiasco.

Appears that NAPA followed the saying: "Fool me once, shame on you (2007 fuel issue)... fool me twice, shame on me (September 2013).

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Good move for NAPA - they have my respect. Waltrip made a very unprofessional decision and needs to pay the price.
What did he do? Any link to more in-depth info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back