My (sad) idea of a GOOD DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rifleman was on last night it was good. there are some episodes on you tube of some of the old TV programs. It was ME TV. Great programming "for tv"

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Yesterday was a good day for this working stiff.

1. Off of work
2. Found a pair of shoes at Wal-Mart in a clearance section, unmarked. Rung up as $3
3. Found a pair of like new jeans at a thrift store $2
4. Enjoyed a sip of Early Times
5. Watched "Newhart" ca.1986 laughed heartily at Larrry, Daryl & Darrell

That's a good day.

Do you bargain shop to that degree out of necessity....or just because you like to save as much as possible on clothes?

I bargain shop because .. A. I feel that those prices are what the clothing items really should cost. B. Because my wife doesnt and just paid $40 for a "shirt" which she stained with one little drip of French Dressing and will not likely wear again. She's kind of an idiot sometimes.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: wemay
Substitute The Rifleman, Foyle's War or Are You Being Served and we're in business.
smile.gif

I love ME Tv, not sure if it is national or not.

I work at a MeTV affiliate. I've been known to ignore MeTV for BITOG. My day ends with an episode of "Rockford Files".

MeTV is in most of the US, and if you're cunnin' you can get it from the wild blue yonder with a trailer park sized satellite dish.

My market also has Heroes & Icons (Hunter!) and Antenna TV (Archie)

There's some duds out there. Gilligan is an idiot, the writing is terrible, and the next week rolls around and everyone loves the moron in the tight red shirt all over again. Lucy gets gum in her hair and it takes 22 minutes to get it out. At least Fred Murtz keeps it real.
wink.gif

When I was in college and had a 3 hour final exam scheduled, if I got out in 30 minutes that extra 2.5 hours was the most free time in the world. Nothing scheduled!

My favs in somewhat of an order...
CHiP's
Hogan's Heroes
Rockford
MASH
Sanford and Son
Cheers
Are you Being Served? (British)
Newhart
Taxi
Andy Griffith Show
TJ Hooker
The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross
All in The Family
Jeffersons
Barney Miller
Leave it To Beaver
Colombo
A-Team
Magnum PI
Dukes of Hazzard
Alice
Little House on the Prairie

Barely acceptable but better than today's programs...
Emergency
Night Court
Wonder Woman
Mr. Belvedere
Golden Girls
LaVerne & Shirley
Happy Days
The Love Boat
Twilight Zone

And the WORST...(when i turn on MSNBC instead)
Lost in Space
Gilligan's Island
Small Wonder
Charles in Charge
Facts of Life
That horrible nauseating show with Bob Sagget

Ive never had any luck with thrift stores. I like used stuff, but all the places I look have a picked over selection.

Substitute The Rifleman, Foyle's War or Are You Being Served and we're in business.
smile.gif

I work at a MeTV affiliate. I've been known to ignore MeTV for BITOG. My day ends with an episode of "Rockford Files".

MeTV is in most of the US, and if you're cunnin' you can get it from the wild blue yonder with a trailer park sized satellite dish.

There's some duds out there. Gilligan is an idiot, the writing is terrible, and the next week rolls around and everyone loves the moron in the tight red shirt all over again. Lucy gets gum in her hair and it takes 22 minutes to get it out. At least Fred Murtz keeps it real.
wink.gif

When I was in college and had a 3 hour final exam scheduled, if I got out in 30 minutes that extra 2.5 hours was the most free time in the world. Nothing scheduled!

My favs in somewhat of an order...
CHiP's
Hogan's Heroes
Rockford
MASH
Sanford and Son
Cheers
Are you Being Served? (British)
Newhart
Taxi
Andy Griffith Show
TJ Hooker
The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross
All in The Family
Jeffersons
Barney Miller
Leave it To Beaver
Colombo
A-Team
Magnum PI
Dukes of Hazzard
Alice
Little House on the Prairie

Barely acceptable but better than today's programs...
Emergency
Night Court
Wonder Woman
Mr. Belvedere
Golden Girls
LaVerne & Shirley
Happy Days
The Love Boat
Twilight Zone

And the WORST...(when i turn on MSNBC instead)
Lost in Space
Gilligan's Island
Small Wonder
Charles in Charge
Facts of Life
That horrible nauseating show with Bob Sagget

I agree with many of your choices, but how is Gilligan's Island a least favorite option? Lol.

Can't go wrong with the Rockford files. I always enjoy seeing the cars of the era. I have many of these on DVD.

I am also a fan of Seinfeld, but that seems to be a love hate relationship for most people.

60s and 70s TV was just flat out AWESOME!! A show we've been really loving lately,The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. Plus I love Rick Nelson! His early rockabilly stuff is among my faves out of my record collection.

smile.gif

wink.gif

The Rockford Files is on Netflix. There are a lot of good shows on netflix.

There were more, but they got rid of Adam-12 and Dragnet

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

I agree with many of your choices, but how is Gilligan's Island a least favorite option? Lol.

There's no depth. "Beavis and Butthead" and "Married with Children" were stupid but satirical.

Bewitched and Jeannie weren't much better.

bewitched.jpg

1. Off of work
2. Found a pair of shoes at Wal-Mart in a clearance section, unmarked. Rung up as $3

That's a good day.

Do you bargain shop to that degree out of necessity....or just because you like to save as much as possible on clothes?

I bargain shop because .. A. I feel that those prices are what the clothing items really should cost. B. Because my wife doesnt and just paid $40 for a "shirt" which she stained with one little drip of French Dressing and will not likely wear again. She's kind of an idiot sometimes.

You sound like a catch referring to your wife as an idiot.

1. Off of work

That's a good day.

I understand.I was just curious.

Your post almost seemed like, to me, that you were sorely devoid of money. I wasn't trying to be overly judgmental though, but I was trying to find out what a person would be so extremely frugal for. I've known many folks that haven't a dime...but spend like crazy. Of course, we all know the fairly well off types that are real penny pinchers.

I do understand your rationale here. I love my girlfriend dearly...but have a bit of the same concerns occasionally. I have a difficult time spending money on myself as I know she will purchase items costing more than I would ever pay. I try to offset her desire for nice things with just passing on items I don't need. She's worth it though. I want her to enjoy life...I don't need a $200 jacket like she does...nor a visit to a hair salon every 6 weeks that costs $175. She's a woman...a great one...but that is just the way most of them are. If I ask her to tone down the spending, she will. But I love to see her get things she enjoys.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
smile.gif

Are You Being Served,Faulty Towers,One Foot in the Grave. Man I love those shows!!

How about, Till Death Do Us Part, In Sickness And In Health, Love Thy Neighbour, Steptoe And Son.

Of course you wouldn't be able to show these now for fear of upsetting the wimpy PC brigade.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

There's no depth. "Beavis and Butthead" and "Married with Children" were stupid but satirical.

Bewitched and Jeannie weren't much better.

bewitched.jpg

I guess it just depends on what one is in the mood for at that time.

+1 bargain shopping! I literally bargain shop every single day of the week. Thrift for the win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back