My recently sold house is back on the market, 5 months later

Imagine my surprise yesterday when I opened my Zillow "Home Report" email only to find an active listing! I sold the place for $245k on August 25th, and it was listed for sale for $250k on January 22nd.

The information in the listing is HILARIOUS to me, as it's chock full of blatant lies:

"Kitchen is newly remodeled" - The kitchen hasn't been touched since 2013, right before I bought the place.

"Electric updated late 2023" - No, a tiny section of knob and tube was replaced in the attic. The electrical was updated in 2013.

"Electric car charger" - No, there's a NEMA 240v OUTLET in the garage that CAN be used with an EVSE

"1/2 bath in lower level ready for finishing" - There's nothing more than a free standing toilet and sink in the unfinished basement.

Here's the listing, in case anyone is curious:

Zillow - Home for Sale

I don't see the new owner getting $250k. Frankly, I think she overpaid @ $245k when she bought it from me, but the check cleared and that's all that matters.

Was this a married couple who bought it?
(best guess) One of those-2 aren't happy with either the location or the home itself.

OP should not vocally interfere with what's written in the review (true or false).
Let that sleeping dog lie comfortably and lets see how the new sale shakes-out.
Keep us informed please on what transpires 14Accent.

Cool old house. How were utilitiy bills in the winter?

It wasn't bad, I was on averaged billing and it used radiant hot water heat. I think my highest natural gas bill was in the low 300's one month, but that was an outlier.

Electric was never over $130/mo. Water/sewer/trash was about $80.

Was this a married couple who bought it?
(best guess) One of those-2 aren't happy with either the location or the home itself.

OP should not vocally interfere with what's written in the review (true or false).
Let that sleeping dog lie comfortably and lets see how the new sale shakes-out.
Keep us informed please on what transpires 14Accent.

Nope, single woman moving up from AZ to be closer to family. I just heard back from my agent: I guess the woman's mother passed shortly after purchase and she decided not to stay in the area.

Interesting, the homes across the street from us, look like this home, and cost more. They were built in the 1920's while ours 1952.

I always go straight to the property tax and schools. I do have a 10 y.o. but even if I didn't, I still want lowest taxes for the best schools.

It is almost always the case like here, the taxes are lower, but the schools seem to be unusable?

My buddy introduced me to another concept. What do I care how the schools are (FLA) when my kids go to private schools, I want lowest overall taxes regardless. I just tend to look at it marginally, not overall. Part of me says what is the local township even doing, where the schools don't pass muster...with all the money they collect is what I mean...

Would sell for around 350K plus in my area.
just did a google search and 550-650 in my area. I bet in Boston 1.3 mil. The thing that kills me...even if you live in boston and enjoy a super high resale, you're still using window AC units and you are necessarily less comfortable than with mini splits or central air. That's amazing to me...

Where is here???? Put your location in your profile or maybe don't ever reference a location. Are that many of you really under U.S. Marshall's witness protection and can't say what state you live in? Or that paranoid?

Alec has nothing to worry about.

wait for the Cali. folks to chime in, or Seattle...prolly 2 mil :ROFLMAO:
I'm in the PNW and paid $415 last summer for a 1215sq ft 1990 build. It's ridiculous out here. I moved from an area close to MSP and laughed when I saw the price of this house.

Probably $700-$800K here depending on actual location.

Why worry? - not yours.

But yes people lie all the time selling everything, including themselves. The world is less honest than it used to be, the more data and modernity and science we have.

• Sad
Reactions: GON
Back