My house sold! 5 days on the market, $15k over asking!

Willard-Hay neighborhood in North Minneapolis. Listed 7/10 first thing, and I'm officially under contract as of this evening with a closing date of 8/7. The buyer is relocating from AZ to be closer to family: she's putting 30% down, no inspection, negligible closing costs on my side. The only contingency is on her place in AZ closing on schedule, which is in 4 days.

Needless to say, I'm over the moon. I paid $143,815 for the place in May of 2014, and I'm under contract for $245k almost 9 years later on the dot.

Congrats.

I was expecting a bigger increase in price over 9 years.
70% Not too shabby.
My house listed at 95k in 2013 and 144k now which is a pipe dream without the interior getting about 10k-15k renovation.
new bath, new shower, paint stripped and repaint interior walls etc.

That being said I didnt pay 95k.. and realistically its went up about 70-80% in value.

Excellent! (y) Good for you. Nice to hear a long term commitment/investment pay off.
(Mine goes on the market in Aug; fingers crossed (New construction house should be ready in Nov; I have to add rent-back in the negotiations)

Good deal.

We just go ours under contract for under asking of $225k on the marker for almost 3 months. The market around here is good under $150k but over $200k is sitting for a long time so we took the first reasonable offer so we aren't still paying bills for it. I wish I could transfer my mortgage to the new house though. I think we were under 3 on the old one but over 5 on the new.

Back