My poor truck

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Someone pulled out in front of me, no insurance no registration wrong title...truck was paid for with 2017 with 47,000 miles. Picked up in 19 for 36500 with 27,000 miles. I can't replace it for that. 100 miles from, trailer was at the campsite. Son brought his 03 Duramax to tow me home Monday. I'm bummed However everyone is ok.
20230831_112647.jpg

Mike, sorry to see that. Your line "can't replace it for that" -- I find myself having the same thoughts with the inevitable "what-if" scenarios.

I am sure you will already do a bunch of this, but you should be able to argue your case with any adjuster or insurance company... man I'd be ruthless.

I even believe there's independent appraisers you can contact who can generate a lot of this data to prove to the insurance companies that their pay-out value sucks and isn't worthwhile in today's market.

Glad everyone is fine, but sucks man. It is a nice truck.

Ugh, that sucks. I hope insurance is good to you and you get a shiny new truck. Providence just decided to intervene and get you something new.

Getting into an accident with my truck is high up on my list of 'crap to avoid in this day and time'.

Sure, insurance will pay for it, but can they get parts?

My kids Compass was in the shop for almost 2 months to fix a minor fender bender with a deer late last year because there were no parts to fix the stupid thing.

No one loses their license for such an accident and shouldn't unless they have a bad driving record and or lack financially responsibility.
They do here in OH-lack of insurance=automatic license suspension, until the uninsured pays for the damage they caused. If they were "financially responsible" they wouldn't be driving with no insurance, no registration, wrong title. Wouldn't surprise me to hear it was "stolen" (i.e. actual owner doesn't want to pay for damage another driver caused), or license already suspended. THIS is the reason there are no new cars in my sig (other than company's Transit)!

They do here in OH-lack of insurance=automatic license suspension, until the uninsured pays for the damage they caused. If they were "financially responsible" they wouldn't be driving with no insurance, no registration, wrong title. Wouldn't surprise me to hear it was "stolen" (i.e. actual owner doesn't want to pay for damage another driver caused), or license already suspended. THIS is the reason there are no new cars in my sig (other than company's Transit)!
Here also , although they likely don’t have a license anyway.

You pay more for uninsured motorist and they walk away.

Uninsured is the largest cost line item in my policies.
Actually, then they become the insurance company’s problem-sometimes insurance cares enough to go after them. Although they can’t get ”blood out of a turnip”! (This happened to me years ago when I was poor & lost a decent DD because of it)

No one loses their license for such an accident and shouldn't unless they have a bad driving record and or lack financially responsibility.
Getting into an at-fault accident in Ohio uninsured will likely yield a two year suspension with the at-fault uninsured driver also being liable for all damages. Sure, uninsured motorist coverage will make you whole but you also sign subrogation which then allows your insurer to go after the offending driver to recover these damages.
Driving an untitled vehicle while carrying the title for another opens another can of worms and may bring to light a case of RSP, which can be prosecuted as either an F4 or F5 in Ohio. The average urban county probably wouldn't pursue this while out in the sticks a felony indictment is far more likely if the vehicle the offender was driving is not actually theirs to use.
Also, the rightful owner of the offending vehicle might just report it stolen to get clear of any ensuing drama, in which case the RSP charge will stick tightly.

Back