My own concoction has gained over 3+ mpg!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I've tried this in my buddies Camaro and my 93 Lexus ES300. Here's what we did in both of them. Ran Mobil1 synthetic (just the regular stuff you get at wal-mart (5qt jug for $23)) for 3k miles. Before dumping the oil we seafoamed the cars. (1/3 bottle in crankcase, 1/3 bottle in gas, and 1/3 bottle in booster line). Then we dumped the oil. Ran Mobil1 again for 3k miles. What we did this time is what we feel made the difference! We added a whole can of B-12 Chemtool and 1 whole bottle of Cheveron Techron (the concentrated version). We filled the cars up to a half tank of gas, ran them down to a quarter, then filled them all the way up and ran them to a quarter again. So after all this cleaning it brought my buddies camaro from 19 mpg to 21 mpg and my ES300 went from 17 mpg to.....22 mpg! I know that's a humongous jump! But it's been rock steady at those numbers, both mine and his cars. I know with gas being as expensive as it is I thought I would share this with you guys. Now I've tried lucas, but this concoction has done the best for all of us! So from now on when I change my family's (and when my buddy changes his) oil, we are going with the can of chemtool and bottle of techron! Also we will run as stated above (add to 1/4 tank, then fill to half tank of gas, run it down to 1/4 tank, then fill her up! And Mobil1 ftw!)! Anyone else tried this concoction? Any luck?

P.S. Before you ask, I'm not a M1 fanboy, I'm pretty sure you could run any synthetic or as a matter of fact any oil, (I have only tested this with Mobil 10w 30) and get near, same, or better results.

EDIT: I forgot to add my car has over 200k on it and my buddies has near 120K

I do something similar to my GMC Sierra. Running the Seafoam in the brake booster & the Techron in the gas helps a lot. More peppier too.

I just don't do it before the oil change - I do it when I think it needs it.

See if it holds the increase. Could be the initial cleaning process from build up gave yu the jump.

These are NOT products that you should use on a continuous basis.
You cleaned things out that were obviously in poor shape, and now have continuing benefits from that.

you didnt do enough seafoam bro!..1/3 can in anything is major under cutting the product. just think if you used it like you should.. next time try 2-3 cans in 6 gallons in the tank, run it to empty. take 1 full can of seafaom through the pcv valve. do 1/2 can at a time there. try to let both 1/2 cans in the throttle body for atleast an hour each and run the ____ out of it down the road. my tacoma went from 17-22 mpg with just 4 cans of seafoam. 3 in the tank and one in the pcv valve. no kidding

Quote:

you didnt do enough seafoam bro!..1/3 can in anything is major under cutting the product. just think if you used it like you should.. next time try 2-3 cans in 6 gallons in the tank, run it to empty. take 1 full can of seafaom through the pcv valve. do 1/2 can at a time there. try to let both 1/2 cans in the throttle body for atleast an hour each and run the ____ out of it down the road. my tacoma went from 17-22 mpg with just 4 cans of seafoam. 3 in the tank and one in the pcv valve. no kidding

I would like the see the jacked up UOA that this would have after all that. Wow, this is one of the worst seafoam stories that I have heard. I wonder what his spark plugs look like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your fuel system should be clean and lubricated the two commandments thou shalt do, and the third is not to get carried away with solvents that rob you of lubrication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back