My (new to me) 1998 Nissan Altima with 333k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going through the paper work, found some interesting things.

October 2008 @ 223k it got a used transmission installed for $1275

October 2008 @225k new blower motor resistor

April 2010 @ 267k it got two new moog premium ball joints

July 2010 @ 276k got a new flex pipe and mirror

October 2010 @ 281k got a new muffler

There's also a few oil change and new Tire paperwork here and there.

Also found a window sticker from a dealer where it was sold in April 2004 for $3450 with 103k miles

Interesting. So what oil and filter are you gonna use in it after say a 4-5k run on the VWB? QSGB hasn't let me down before

Fram Ultra filter for sure, just don't know which oil yet. I looked in the fill hole it's surprisingly clean with some varnish but the camshaft is spotless

That's good to hear sir!
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah the reason I want to use the Fram Ultra is so when I change the oil I don't have to change the filter every time.

I might change the oil every 5k with something like Supertech high mileage but leave the filter on for 15k

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Yeah the reason I want to use the Fram Ultra is so when I change the oil I don't have to change the filter every time.

I might change the oil every 5k with something like Supertech high mileage but leave the filter on for 15k
yeah isn't the filter on that generation altima against the firewall?

What luck I have guys. This thing was turn key everything worked perfectly now the water pump is leaking it seems. I guess it didn't like the couple of 6k RPM bursts after being babied for so long? Or else the universe just works this way... 300k car adventures begin!

Is the water pump hard to change?

It's possible the hard driving made it go bad. My buddy is a mechanic and he was trying to find a noise that a customer's Bronco had so he went out and drove it really hard, came back with a bad water pump lol. Wasn't leaking but the fan was hitting the shroud from flopping around.

Thanks for the thought but there's no way I'd put a new timing chain on this thing at this point. The goal is to keep it running for as little as possible.

I'd rather buy a 100k motor for about $800 before I'd put any parts in this one.

I'd like to do the job myself, I already watched a YouTube video but I don't think I'm going to. My mechanic quoted me $360 for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back