My "flat" tire ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to drive the Jeep and it felt like one of the tires was flatspotted. Turns out, I had a "Flat" tire. No PSI in this one.

Looks no different than the front with 30PSI.

Apparently there's a bead leak on this one. The wheel and the tire didn't leak before I had the tires and wheels swapped.

10433793_774173475013_9058158959937447073_n.jpg

Hmmm interesting to se.if it seals now....

Oh, and I expected the selfie.photo bomb....

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Those look like Treadwright recaps.

They are
smile.gif
Love them. May or may not have run them on the highway once or twice deflated

I had a set of Pirelli P6000s back in the late 80s on my GS-R. Once I could sort of tell there was something wrong at about 40 MPH. It wasn't a slow leak or anything where it sealed around a nail/screw. There was basically atmospheric pressure and a clean hole through the tread. Yet it was still riding fairly high. It was a little bit wobbly when moving, but when parked I wouldn't have been able to tell there was a leak.

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
Gotta be a 6ply plus.

I pity that fuel mileage lol

10 ply
laugh.gif

Usually 16-20MPG out of it.

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
I had a set of Pirelli P6000s back in the late 80s on my GS-R. Once I could sort of tell there was something wrong at about 40 MPH. It wasn't a slow leak or anything where it sealed around a nail/screw. There was basically atmospheric pressure and a clean hole through the tread. Yet it was still riding fairly high. It was a little bit wobbly when moving, but when parked I wouldn't have been able to tell there was a leak.

If one of these goes "flat" you'll feel it thumping for a mile or two but then it smooths out.

I used to think it was kind of neat that the tracker had enough tire load capacity to run on one axle... You must have a safety factor of 4 for tire load.
Does it not ride like a covered wagon with those tires?

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I used to think it was kind of neat that the tracker had enough tire load capacity to run on one axle... You must have a safety factor of 4 for tire load.
Does it not ride like a covered wagon with those tires?

Yes. The ride is ... harsh. Tolerable at 30PSI but anything above 30PSI and it really starts to beat up the Jeep.

Originally Posted By: y_p_w

Correction - late 90s.

Those tires had some really stiff sidewalls. It kind of occurred to me that they could have been designed that way. Every other tire I've had on a car has just collapsed if there was a leak. I've had blowouts at freeway speeds and the tire got shredded. I think this one would have survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back