Musk Says Tesla ‘Dug Our Own Grave’ With The Cybertruck

The Jeffrey Epstein comparison was a cheap shot. And saying he "acts like a lunatic" is so hyperbolic as to not require any defense of his past actions.

I actually admire Elon's frequent lack of a "filter". He says what a great many people are thinking and has so much money that even if there are negative consequences, he doesn't care. I'd be even worse if I were among the top 5 richest people in the world.

The first 10 Cybertrucks are going to Tesla employees and will undoubtedly be pre-production samples with a lot of hand fitting and attention to details. Let's see how they look when Cybertruck number 500 is in the hands of the person who ordered it way back when. I'm betting that it will be just as good if not better than any other $75k pickup truck. What else do you expect ?

The Jeffrey Epstein comparison was a cheap shot. And saying he "acts like a lunatic" is so hyperbolic as to not require any defense of his past actions.
Disregard the haters. I certainly don't like or agree with CEO Musk does or says, or just about any leader for that matter.
Many of the hater's comments are just silly, and that's putting it nicely.

Disregard the haters. I certainly don't like or agree with CEO Musk does or says, or just about any leader for that matter.
One has some insight into Musk's personal thoughts. Many of his peer mega billionaires instead chose to donate money and like activities as part of a public relations information operation to deflect attention to what they are truly thinking and doing.

One has some insight into Musk's personal thoughts. Many of his peer mega billionaires instead chose to donate money and like activities as part of a public relations information operation to deflect attention to what they are truly thinking and doing.
Sure. I'm sure you know Musk chooses to not trumpet his philanthropy.
Perhaps others might be interested in his other companies; my favorite is Neuralink.

I see silly comments from both the lovers and the haters. Some think he can walk on water, or rule the world.

I see silly comments from both the lovers and the haters. Some think he can walk on water, or rule the world.
I seem to have missed those posts, but there is no doubt he is a very powerful man. Heads of state suck up to Musk because they want him to build factories in their country and Starlink offers so much promise. Did you know that about half the low orbit satellites in space are from Starlite?

Musk appears willing to get into the ring and take on the status quo. Musk isn't moving to Miami into a nine figure home, with a new model wife, and a mega yacht.

The biggest thing that Musk has done IMHO is not TSLA or space x or twitter, but it is starlink. I am intrigued by Starlink as it is the only real challenge to a handful of oligopolies able to deliver internet.

Starlink may be a competitor to the likes of Comcast and such, who if left without competition, will be charging increasing fees while controlling what you can and can't view in you television and computer.

Things like Starlink are what intrigued me about Musk, not Tesla. Tesla's has a hidden business model that will drain the pocket book of Americans every month in the future

Musk appears willing to get into the ring and take on the status quo. Musk isn't moving to Miami into a nine figure home, with a new model wife, and a mega yacht.

The biggest thing that Musk has done IMHO is not TSLA or space x or twitter, but it is starlink. I am intrigued by Starlink as it is the only real challenge to a handful of oligopolies able to deliver internet.

Starlink may be a competitor to the likes of Comcast and such, who if left without competition, will be charging increasing fees while controlling what you can and can't view in you television and computer.

Things like Starlink are what intrigued me about Musk, not Tesla. Tesla's has a hidden business model that will drain the pocket book of Americans every month in the future
Starlink has about 5,500 low orbit satellites and is growing. Have you checked out Neuralink?
Not sure I understand your last sentence.

Starlink has about 5,500 low orbit satellites and is growing. Have you checked out Neuralink?
Not sure I understand your last sentence.
TSLA, like almost major technology providers have or are surely moving to a mandatory monthly subscription or the like to use their products and or services. TSLA is a technology company and will be following suit.

I mean, have you watched the Twitter debacle play out? How about the "pedo guy" comment? All this guy does is run his mouth and get himself into trouble. He might employ geniuses but Musk himself is nothing but an entitled rich kid playing with everyone else's money.

Agree 100 percent but remember he's on the spectrum (Autism) so he's generally given a pass aka Elon being Elon. His disability means that he fails to fully grasp how dangerous his actions can be. He acts like a pendulant child and his fans love him for it. Tells you a lot of about the mental maturity of his fans.

Last edited:
TSLA, like almost major technology providers have or are surely moving to a mandatory monthly subscription or the like to use their products and or services. TSLA is a technology company and will be following suit.
Yes, agree but some do not know that Tesla has nothing to do with "X" (formally twitter) Space X, StarLink, Neuralink etc. Musk owns those mentioned companies.
Musk does not own Tesla, he is an employee of Tesla. Musk cannot enrich himself or his privately owned companies by using Tesla.

Yes, agree but some do not know that Tesla has nothing to do with Space X, StarLink, Neuralink etc. Musk owns these mentioned companies.
Musk does not own Tesla, he is an employee of Tesla.

Well he has a 13% stake in Tesla and I imagine is the largest individual shareholder in the company.

Well he has a 13% stake in Tesla and I imagine is the largest individual shareholder in the company.
Exactly and is hired by the other 87%
CEO's dont stay forever, he has many interests. Im not at all knocking him but he has a full plate.
He was also forcibly replaced/fired by PayPal in 2020. Repeat, Im not knocking the guy, he has so many projects and interests. To me Tesla is moving too slow introducing new models. They no longer need him is my opinion. He was the creator and being a creator, I suspect he or the board might want to move on from there.

"The Elon Musk PayPal story ended shortly after, much to Elon’s disappointment. In September 2000, as he boarded a flight for a delayed honeymoon with his first wife Justine, X.com executives staged a coup to replace Musk as CEO. Vance explains that when he heard this news, Musk took the next flight home to change their minds, but they stood by the decision. He stayed with the company as an advisor and an investor. Soon afterward, they renamed X.com to PayPal.

By July 2001, Musk’s influence at PayPal was fading, and he began to search for his next business venture. In July 2002, PayPal accepted a $1.5 billion offer from eBay. Musk made $250 million from the deal.

(Shortform note: In 2015, PayPal separated from eBay, allowing both companies to focus on their respective growth. PayPal later launched a peer-to-peer payment option, encouraging a trend toward digital payments.)

Like with Zip2, Musk left the venture with millions of dollars. Vance believes he also had a better understanding of how companies work and experience as a CEO. Through the Elon Musk PayPal story, he’d once again proven that he could bring an innovative idea to life."

Source = https://www.shortform.com/blog/elon-musk-paypal-story/

BTW- to Musk credit, PayPal might have been better off if they stayed with him. Maybe it's just me but I dont see a need for them.
One thing is certain, he loves that "X" I had no idea that was the name of a company 23 years ago or more.

Last edited:
Back