Motorcraft Oil Filter - Upgraded Filter/Package???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strolled through the oil/filter section at Wally World today and observed new packaging on the Motorcraft oil filters. So, the question I'm asking myself is whether or not it's just a new package or has the filter been upgraded? Thoughts?

60217-motorcraft-oil-filter-wonder-did-they-upgrade-compete-m1-k-n-bosch-distance-etc.jpg

IMO, just updated advertising graphics. Just to make their product look newer and stand out on the shelf.

Says "High Efficiency" on the package. Does it list exactly what the efficiency % at what micron size?

I agree with Strongt post, it's just a new graphics on the box, the filter is the same as before, the popular FL400S actually is shorter than before.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Says "High Efficiency" on the package. Does it list exactly what the efficiency % at what micron size?
I am almost sure that it does. I have 20+ FL-820s filters in the new box and I think it lists 93.7% @ xx. I do not have a box in front of me or I would post the exact number.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I am almost sure that it does. I have 20+ FL-820s filters in the new box and I think it lists 93.7% @ xx. I do not have a box in front of me or I would post the exact number.

i believe its 93.7% at 20 microns. at least thats what Amsoil tests have shown. a great filter for the money for any application that it can fit on. one of my favorite filters.

IIRC this has been posted before. Agree with others, appears to be a box freshening more than anything else.

I checked the new box and saw no efficiency rating, but thanks to Amsoil testing of some oem filters there is imo now a reliable reference point for efficiency of ~94%@20um, very respectable.

Originally Posted By: sayjac

I checked the new box and saw no efficiency rating ...

Guess "high efficiency" is the non-technical consumer communication line for the box. Obviously, it really means nothing to anyone who really knows how efficiency is described. I suppose most consumers will see "high efficiency" and just think it's gotta be good.

I always hate a change in packaging of anything. it usually means a cheapened product (not nessesarily with oil filters though).

I posted this a few months ago when the new packaging started rolling in on our stock orders. It's just updated packaging taking the GT Supercar off the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back