mos2 technical reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Did NAPA increased the price on LubroMolly can? I thought it used to be $4 but now it is $5.

is that include tax ? cause when check out it closer to 5 dollar after tax.

No; retail is now $4.99 instead of $3.99

still same price here. about order 2 more can, since napa is 40 min away. should last me 1 year

btw my dad suv oil is 500 miles, can I still go ahead and add a full can ? or I can only add when oil is new ? thanks

Update, Im dump a full can in yesterday, note car improve gas miles just a bit.

Currently inside my jeep is What ever oil that pepboy using, half bottle of left over redline break in oil ( alot zddp ) and a full can of lubo moly.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
dumped in a full can of what? lubromoly?

yes lol, the can it self still have alot moly stick to it, anyway its normal for oil look so muddy ? will the muddy color going back to normal engine oil color ?

Have you looked at the color of the Lubromoly itself? It is very very dark and will change the color of your oil.

- Vikas

Have you looked at the color of the Lubromoly itself? It is very very dark and will change the color of your oil.

- Vikas

yes I do, I just wonder if color will change after a while. like MMO I use before, it make my dip stick kinda red, after few week my oil back to normal color.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
dumped in a full can of what? lubromoly?

yes lol, the can it self still have alot moly stick to it, anyway its normal for oil look so muddy ? will the muddy color going back to normal engine oil color ?

Pour about 4-5oz oil into the can, shake it well then leave the can in the engine compartment drive the car the next day, with the heat of the engine most moly will mix with oil.

for future oil change, I will not like add any moly to my engine. I have good gas miles, but my jeep seem dont like it -_-. T5 or T6 oil is all I will ever use on this jeep.

for future oil change, I will not like add any moly to my engine. I have good gas miles, but my jeep seem dont like it -_-. T5 or T6 oil is all I will ever use on this jeep.

Please elaborate.

Originally Posted By: panthermike

Please elaborate.

He is. Trust me.

I'm roughly 4,200 miles into the OCI w/ Mos2, so far so good. I have decided that I'm going to give Red Line 5w30 a try on the Corolla's next OCI. I'm interested since this oil has 600+ppm of Moly. I'll run it 7500 miles for the first two OCI's, in order to get a baseline as far as wear, etc.

I'm also getting lower than usual gas mileage lately and I'm trying to rule things out; Mos2 is one of them. Of course I'm not saying that's the cause, just checking. I'm averaging around 30-32 lately, when last summer I was averaging 34-35. There are other factors I can think of; new tires sometimes lowers mpg? Also, the MAF could be dirty.

Anyways, we'll see. I still think the Mos2 is a good product.

I'm roughly 4,200 miles into the OCI w/ Mos2, so far so good. I have decided that I'm going to give Red Line 5w30 a try on the Corolla's next OCI. I'm interested since this oil has 600+ppm of Moly. I'll run it 7500 miles for the first two OCI's, in order to get a baseline as far as wear, etc.

I'm also getting lower than usual gas mileage lately and I'm trying to rule things out; Mos2 is one of them. Of course I'm not saying that's the cause, just checking. I'm averaging around 30-32 lately, when last summer I was averaging 34-35. There are other factors I can think of; new tires sometimes lowers mpg? Also, the MAF could be dirty.

Anyways, we'll see. I still think the Mos2 is a good product.

is your oil still look muddy after that many miles ?

I have decided that I'm going to give Red Line 5w30 a try on the Corolla's next OCI. I'm interested since this oil has 600+ppm of Moly.

I've always heard/thought that it was closer to 950 ppm?
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back