More destruction ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been unemployed for about 6 months in total in the last 26 years. So yeah, big time slacker over here. Your insults are so far off base they aren't even in the same area code.

You have no argument. You'd like to see harm done to protesters, but that's not an argument.

You'd like me to crawl back under a rock which presupposes that I crawled out from under one. Wow, that hurt.

May Day is about labor. May Day is about the right to organize and demand fair wages and fair working conditions. You benefit directly from the efforts and sacrifices of organized labor. Labor has lost a lot of ground since deregulation kicked off in the 1970s, but lately the substantive gains for labor are happening only in the most liberal of cities and states. Those people in the streets? They're fighting for your fair share.

Joshua,

My boss recently offered a guy $32 an hour job with full benefits, he turned down the job offer. He felt he should be paid $35.50 an hour.

Sure everyone should be paid fairly for their services by employer. But demanding $15 for fast food workers for such a low skill job is not right. If you don't like working a low wage job then go to school and improve your skills / education / training / etc... to get that $15+ job.

Some protesters at a hospital near Yale University demanding jobs at the hospital. Google it to see how irrational these people act. It's not the hospital's fault these people are out of work.... but our Government says unemployment is only 5%

http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/2...-haven-hospital

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner

They have jobs. They are not stupid. Their intellectual capacity and discernment is why they can tell they're exploited.

LOL..you lost instant credibility. Any time I have heard any of them "speak" (I suppose that is what it is),,I compare the "speaker" to the dumbest rock in a box of rocks...the rock wins every time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
Unemployment is at an all-time low in Oregon. Guess what? Loads of people in Portland work 40+ hours a week in order to afford an apartment that they share with another working adult. Why? Minimum wage has not kept up with inflation. That's diminished opportunity.

You've been with a company 25 years? Great. You're in a small and shrinking minority. Again, diminished opportunity.

You didn't MAKE an opportunity. You exist within a society and took advantage of the opportunities around you and out competed someone.

You haven't shown one bit of understanding about WHY people are protesting.

You have shown a lack of reading comprehension. I am not the person you'll find breaking your windows.

There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say, but you can learn
How to play the game
It's easy.
Nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do, but you can learn
How to be you in time
It's easy.

Are you baked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back