Mobil1 TDT 5w40 still most preferred for subaru?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say it's the "most preferred", but diesel oils and/or 5w40's are gaining popularity in turbo Subaru's.

I think I've seen more people using Rotella T 5W40. There's a stock Forester XT owner in FL that uses the TDT 5W40 and it has sheared to a 30 grade for him on a couple of occasions.

If you want to run a robust Mobil1 oil, I would definitely run this or M1 10W30 High Mileage. Of course there's always the "what is the application question". Stock vs. modified, protuned vs. not, short trips vs. long trips, drive conservatively vs. drive like a madman, hot climate vs. very hot climate, short OCI vs. long one, etc.
19.gif

GC, Amsoil and RL are also popular. Check out the UOA section.

-Dennis

Last edited:
Currently the car's stock with 16,500 miles, my last one I ran just regular m1 5w30 up to 37k miles @ 320whp/360wtq on 93 (EQtuning tuned, stg2+ equivalent mods) and it's now @ 50k miles with 0 problems, my OCI's are ~4-5k and I drive 8 miles each way back/forth to work plus the time out cruising, maybe i'll give GC 0w30 a shot?

Last edited:
GC is a great choice. AndyH has had good results with it in his Cobb Stage 1 STi.

Whatever you use, you should do a uoa. And with a screen name like "Boost Frenzy", I'll take it that you don't drive conservatively.
grin2.gif

cheers3.gif

-Dennis

LOL with the awful gas mileage these get, i'm more like boostnotatall lol, lookin at 06-08 C6 vettes as we speak to alleviate this fuel consumption issue LOL, that's baaaaad

Are you able to find TDT anywhere. I've heard a few people say it is disappearing off the shelves and they are switching to Rotella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back