Mobil1/Mobil Super: your order of preference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wemay
Went to the dealership today for the oil change. They nixed the 0w30, saying 5w and 10w ONLY. So i went with GTX Synblend 5w30 that i had in my hatch for my wifes car. At least it's Dexos1.

They are idiots, of course, but if you have to maintain warranty just go along with it. Besides, it's April. You'll only miss 0w when it's really, really cold.

That stinks, I stopped going to my dealer for oil changes, too much of a hassle.

GTX SynBend should serve you well.

Originally Posted By: Swift101
That stinks, I stopped going to my dealer for oil changes, too much of a hassle.

GTX SynBend should serve you well.

I would stop going to them too but we have the 'free' 7 oil change maint pkg. As long as we have that, i will use it. No issue using the Dexos GTX though, especially after the Hyundai response.
sick.gif
I just won't use the bulk. Thought about it and decided i'd rather bring my own.

Last edited:
If it's free, I'd just use whatever bulk they stock - probably the 10W-30 - it might be more heat resistant with the Turbo. Top off with a full synthetic between changes. Use what you want after the freebies.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
If it's free, I'd just use whatever bulk they stock - probably the 10W-30 - it might be more heat resistant with the Turbo. Top off with a full synthetic between changes. Use what you want after the freebies.

The one i went to uses something called Maximo brand oil, not really confident in something i've never heard of. If it were the dealership close to my job, i would have done exactly as you recommend because they use QSGB.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Swift101
My dealer uses Mobil Super 5W-30 (dino) for our turbo engines.

I would use it without a second thought for <4K mile OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back