What makes Mobil EP clean sludge,ingredients?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil EP says back of container virtually removes all sludge in one oil change.along the lines of that. I know Mobil one is no longer a true synthetic. Like amsoil SS,redline...
What ingredient or ingredients are in EP to do all that cleaning? Does it have extra calcium like 0w40 European formula does? Does it have alot if esters like synthetics do? What does Mobil EP have in it,that states on Thier product it virtually removes all existing sludge,..but not being a true synthetic?

Not sure what they are doing other than some cleaning additives, wear protection, etc.
https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/our-products/mobil-1-triple-action-formula

I don't think 0w-40 offers extra calcium anymore since last VOA is at 1443 PPM. The oxidation value went from like 35 to 7 LOL so who knows if they've cheapened the products or not. When I asked Mobil which of their products was their best cleaning & they pointed me to their 20k Extended Protection line of oils.

I've tried looking for some of these tests they've performed but couldn't find them. I did find the Accord test though.
https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants...motor-oil/mobil-1-keeps-engines-running-clean

Last edited:
I don’t know what they’re doing, what they have added or taken away. But I’ve run three extended drain intervals with the oil and it tends to turn this burgundy tint in my engine (almost like tranny fluid but not as red). It’s interesting. I also used ZERO makeup oil on those three 10,000 mile intervals (with one outstanding UOA).

I’m now using Amsoil and I was worried that the Amsoil Signature Series would turn dark very quickly (first time using a true group lV with more cleaning ability). At least that’s what I was told...keep an eye on it, you may want to change the filter at 5,000 miles, it did it to my car/my friends car/some dude on the internet/etc, etc. So far I’ve experienced nothing unusual (1,000 miles in). The oil doesn’t have that burgundy tint like Mobil1, but it is still very clean looking - leading me to believe that the Mobil1 did a nice job?? Too soon to tell I suppose. But I will keep an eye on it.

Mobil EP says back of container virtually removes all sludge in one oil change.along the lines of that. I know Mobil one is no longer a true synthetic. Like amsoil SS,redline...
What ingredient or ingredients are in EP to do all that cleaning? Does it have extra calcium like 0w40 European formula does? Does it have alot if esters like synthetics do? What does Mobil EP have in it,that states on Thier product it virtually removes all existing sludge,..but not being a true synthetic?
If course M1 is a synthetic. Have you looked at the VOA section? We can speculate that it has more AN or Esters. Maybe an extra 1-2 percent vs their other products. A little AN goes a long way. Maybe GR3+ as a base.

Last edited:
I don’t know what they’re doing, what they have added or taken away. But I’ve run three extended drain intervals with the oil and it tends to turn this burgundy tint in my engine (almost like tranny fluid but not as red). It’s interesting. I also used ZERO makeup oil on those three 10,000 mile intervals (with one outstanding UOA).
Does it look like this? I noticed a red tint too. No oil consumption either.

1699009624711.jpg

So basically Mobil EP is a mixed severely hydrocracked oil and Thier just using cleaning up sludge claims as just a marketing scheme aka a suckers buy ..

So basically Mobil EP is a mixed severely hydrocracked oil and Thier just using cleaning up sludge claims as just a marketing scheme aka a suckers buy ..
You’re nothing but a troll on here. Constantly posting what amounts to the same question over and over and never actually responding to anyone or anything specific in your multiple threads.

Just stop with the garbage.

Another census then!
How many here would run Mobil EP or Pennzoil platinum ultra too clean up an engine,and clean the rings? Without a true synthetic like amsoil SS ,redline...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back