Mobil1 & First Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: RobbS
if you look on some mustang threads, many of the guys over there prefer the motorcraft to M1 in a modular ford. as a previous owner of and 02 gt with a procharger i preferred the motorcraft. M1 makes the valvetrain noisy on the modular fords ive used it on.

im not bashing M1 i use it in some of my other vehicles, i just was never satisfied with it in a modular ford. My best UOA on a modular ford was using Mobil super synthetic.

A couple of possibly dumb questions:
-Does Motorcraft offer a full synthetic?
-Mobil Super Synthetic, is that one of their brand types?
This says *Do not use with gasoline engines with catalysts.
FORD

The mobil super synthetic is a product made by exxon mobil. it is a grade below M1 according to Mobil, but i like it and prefer it in a modular ford to M1.

Also yes ford does make (COP Does) a full synthetic motorcraft branded oil in 5w20,5w30 and 5w50, however it is hard to come by at a reasonable price. The motorcraft i used on my procharged GT was the semi-synthetic you can buy at walmart...great oil. it will protect your cobra great, it was factory fill in cobras, even the 390hp supercharged cars.

The link you provided is a diesel grade 0w30 oil. it could be used in your cobra, but if it were me i wouldn't use it. there are plenty of good PCMO's that will do the job very well.

Last edited:
I put 218K(miles) on my old 96 Merc GM 4.6. I used M1 for 10K OCI(miles) and that engine was very quite for the duration. No valve, timeing chain, or lower end noise. That's my report on mod engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back