Mobil 1 M1-102 oil filter cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1 M1-102 Oil filter, 2017 Ford Escape 2.0 T Ecoboost , 8k miles on oil and filter, around 20k miles on engine. PUP 5w30 was used, and UOA was excellent.
No production date found.

Notes- Sturdy can and end cap, silicone ADBV very pliable, very large media area, typical M1 filter media was good, no particles observed, bypass valve seemed fine.
No defects observed.

M1-102 set 1

IMG_3804.JPG

IMG_3805.JPG

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_3808.JPG

Thanks rubberchicken... If I see (on sale) some M1s that fit my cars, I won't hesitate to grab them.

Appreciate the C&P.

Ray

Thanks for posting. I notice that the photo of the center tube has a solid section like my 108A. I wonder if that is planned that way? I would expect louvers all the way.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Thanks for posting. I notice that the photo of the center tube has a solid section like my 108A. I wonder if that is planned that way? I would expect louvers all the way.

Looks like there is a solid boarder on the centertube material, so when they wind it in a spiral there are two solid bands next to each other. Probably designed that way as part of the manufacturing process.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by PimTac

Looks like there is a solid boarder on the centertube material, so when they wind it in a spiral there are two solid bands next to each other. Probably designed that way as part of the manufacturing process.

Exactly- I have seen this on many M1 filters in the past. It has a lip and is crimped to hold it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back