Mobil 1 Extended Perf 5w20 in 2014 Fiesta ST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jeffry
Originally Posted By: stranger706
We're gonna need to see the car before giving any oil recommendations.
cool.gif

FINNNNNNNEEEE

CAM00147.jpg

GIMME that in an AWD 3 door and I'll buy it YESTERDAY!!!
thumbsup2.gif

cool.gif

FINNNNNNNEEEE

CAM00147.jpg

My local dealer also has a Molten Orange ST. The only option is the Recaro package. No hole in the roof either(thankfully). I wish I didn't hate car payments so much...

Originally Posted By: MCompact
cool.gif

FINNNNNNNEEEE

CAM00147.jpg

My local dealer also has a Molten Orange ST. The only option is the Recaro package. No hole in the roof either(thankfully). I wish I didn't hate car payments so much...

I had a focus ST that was paid off. I wanted something with a steel roof. The fiesta can be had with free money from ford, and some more free money over the course of 5 years (0% financing).

Definitely a fun car to drive, but with MC 5w20 syn blend, starting in the polar vortext -10 to -20 degrees generates some top end lifter noise.

Good luck with the ST. I just ordered mine (silver with the orange Recaros) for delivery in late March/early April.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
cool.gif

FINNNNNNNEEEE

CAM00147.jpg

GIMME that in an AWD 3 door and I'll buy it YESTERDAY!!!
thumbsup2.gif

+1 on having an AWD turbo Ford. I like what Ford did since 2008, and I would have bought something other than a Mitsubishi if someone else had an AWD or RWD car with DCT. I prefer 4 doors, but I would accept 2 doors.

Originally Posted By: datech
" I used the dry crank (Flood clear) method to get oil pressure into the filter.

1. Hold clutch and gas to the floor
2. press start button and behold dry cranking
3. after 5 seconds release foot off gas
4. car will start"

Does this work on other cars (with FI?)

It seems to work on all FI fords. I used to do it on my 2001 Taurus and a 2001 F350 (cable throttle)

It worked on my parents 2008 Wrangler.

Tried it on my 2000 Jeep cherokee and it instantly fired and bounced off the rev limiter in neutral. But, hey, I'm sure spinning the engine at 3000 RPM got the oil moving quickly!

I agree. The last time I have actually done it on an oil change was 4 years ago on the Cherokee.

But, I think that cranking it at 250RPM to circulate oil is better than the engine racing right up to 2000RPM (hashtag Ford problems).

We used to have to flood-clear crank the 08 Wrangler in the cold to avoid it knocking for 3-4 minutes. Usually 15 seconds of cranking with the gas pedal to the floor would only cause bad knock for 10 or so seconds instead of the 3-4 normal minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back