Mobil 1 comparison chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why none of their oils managed to receive the "3 check rating" for extending engine life, reducing wear, or combating sludge?

Originally Posted By: brentalan
Nope, not a blend, it is full synthetic!

Quote:
+1. This will replace Mobil 7500. I'm sure it's a blend. not a full synthetic like M1. It has the 7500 mile warranty like the old MObil 7500.

I called Mobil tech today and ask them. It replaces M7500. It's a blend.

Originally Posted By: tig1

5. Has Mobil Clean 7500 been discontinued? Is there a replacement for Mobil Clean 7500?

Mobil Clean 7500 has been discontinued, and we no longer offer a semi-synthetic product. However, we have introduced a new full synthetic, Mobil Super Synthetic, which is designed to help extend engine life by providing outstanding engine protection in a variety of weather, temperatures, and driving conditions for vehicles of all ages. Mobil Super Synthetic outperforms our conventional and synthetic blend motor oils.

"Mobil Super Synthetic outperforms our conventional and synthetic blend motor oils."

I'll be interested in the price point on the MSuper Syn. Also, whether it will be stocked at Wally. MC 7500 didn't last long at Wally, wasn't price competitive with oils like Motorcraft Syn Blend, even though it 'may' have had a higher syn percent.

Price and availabilty will be something to watch on this product, imo.

Originally Posted By: mitsuman47
I wonder why none of their oils managed to receive the "3 check rating" for extending engine life, reducing wear, or combating sludge?

That's the 8x more wear.
28.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
"Mobil Super Synthetic outperforms our conventional and synthetic blend motor oils."

I'll be interested in the price point on the MSuper Syn. Also, whether it will be stocked at Wally. MC 7500 didn't last long at Wally, wasn't price competitive with oils like Motorcraft Syn Blend, even though it 'may' have had a higher syn percent.

If they put that on the shelf at Walmart with the way that label is worded at a decent price point, they will kill their regular Mobil 1 sales. It will have the reverse effect that Ultra did on Platinum.

Nice lineup. I think the EP is going to be limited to a 5w30/50 grades. 20k miles/1year. They appear to be recommending regular Mobil 1 for 3,000-15,000 mile intervals or whatever your OEM suggests. The most logical approach overall.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin

...........................Is there a replacement for Mobil Clean 7500?

Mobil Clean 7500 has been discontinued, and we no longer offer a semi-synthetic product. However, we have introduced a new full synthetic, ................Mobil Super Synthetic outperforms our conventional and synthetic blend motor oils.

Does this mean semi synthetics are out and will no longer be produced ?

Will other oil manufactueres follow Mobil's example ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: virginoil

Mobil Clean 7500 has been discontinued, and we no longer offer a semi-synthetic product. However, we have introduced a new full synthetic, ................Mobil Super Synthetic outperforms our conventional and synthetic blend motor oils.

Oh no my friend, synthetic is such a loose term nowadays and oil Co's work on profit point, Grp II, II+ and to a lesser degree III will still rule the market.

Originally Posted By: virginoil

Looks like I was given some bad info from Mobil tech about this being a blend. Apparently it's a full synthetic, most likely a Full grp 3 or something like that. The tech did say all of the info hasn't come down to them on all the new formulations as of yet. My bad on this one.

Quote:
Permits extended operation at elevated temperatures (up to 400º F) without oxidative oil thickening and oil breakdown.

This is for the Mobil Super Syn.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: sayjac

If they put that on the shelf at Walmart with the way that label is worded at a decent price point, they will kill their regular Mobil 1 sales. It will have the reverse effect that Ultra did on Platinum.
Hadn't thought about that, but I believe you are correct. Wally folks/buyers see Super Synthetic along with a lower price than M1 next to it, the SS moves off the shelves at the expense of M1. Not for discerning Bitogers perhaps, but the average Joe at Wally is seeing price first with the words Mobil Super and synthetic.

Another reason to watch if Wally opens a slot for it, and/or if XOM lets it go there.

I think they will make M1 5w30 the dexos1 product. The Super Syn oil probably meets it, but won't be tested for it. That's my guess.

The flash point for the 0w20 and 10w30 are pretty high. 460F and 486F. Doesn't mean much though...

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
Not sure if this has been published before, but I find this makes it easier to compare Mobil 1 flavors compared to their table or website.
http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English-LCW/carengineoils_product-comparison-chart.aspx

So, in conclusion M1 EP & AFE have more additive for startup protection.
20.gif

What you really have to think before comming to assumptions is what exactly does Mobil mean by startup protection. Start up protectiom is a really good marketing slogan ,so it new and improves or even better 8X more protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back