Mobil 1 & Chevrolet Performance

Triple Action was born out of the Red Bull Racing collaboration.

Key points:

"We want to test everything. We don't just want to pass the minimum suite of tests."

"We were trying to put together an oil that would just crush all of those tests and well exceed the limits for those, "Salvesen says. "Then we tested Supercar on the track with the race teams to make sure that it's going to hold up to track abuse with higher cylinder temperatures, with higher revs, with higher loading and just the extra abuse that you're going to see on the track. It passed in both cases."

"I would say in broad strokes it helps us develop the next generation of Mobil 1," Salvesen says. "So, what you buy in the bottle today at your dealer or at the local store was probably tested on track three to five years ago. Certainly now what the race teams are testing is expected to be the next generation of Mobil 1."

"We don't just want to pass the test to get the checkmark, we do what's called ‘Proof of Performance,'" Salvesen says.

"I think that level of testing, that level of prove-out work is really what we can bring to the table versus most smaller brands."

Last edited:
Testing is important. How else can you validate anything?
"Salvesen has been with the company for eight years and in his current role since the beginning of 2020. Before then he worked in the engine test center.

In his time with the brand, he's found the amount and scale of testing that takes place for each Mobil 1 advanced synthetic blend is a major point of differentiation from other oil brands."

Last edited:
I do like Mobil1, but the link shows the left front of a COPO Camaro drag car staged at the starting line ……with a Lucas Oil decal on the lower left fender! :oops:

I do like Mobil1, but the link shows the left front of a COPO Camaro drag car staged at the starting line ……with a Lucas Oil decal on the lower left fender! :oops:
The sticker does say "NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series", which I believe refers to the race event/series, not their God-awful products.

One of my Hot rodding friend and some high school buds ran a Top alcohol Hydro on the pro series for years, He told me that the pro teams couldn't survive with out product sponsorship. The decal is bought space. The winnings probably won't pay for the spark plug buget.

The sticker does say "NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series", which I believe refers to the race event/series, not their God-awful products.
Yes, the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series is the sportsman championship series for all NHRA classes other than Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, Pro Stock Bike and Pro Modified. And maybe the new Factory X.

It's a mandatory sticker for all sportsman competitors, iirc.

One of my Hot rodding friend and some high school buds ran a Top alcohol Hydro on the pro series for years, He told me that the pro teams couldn't survive with out product sponsorship. The decal is bought space. The winnings probably won't pay for the spark plug buget.
Pretty obvious when even John Force thanks all his sponsors right after the helmet comes off …

There are mandatory decals in every racing series. They tend to be title sponsors and partners of the series.

They will also have event sponsors that the competitors can put a decal on for extra prize money. It’s all about advertising.

Just my $0.02

Back