HPL fleet usage plan.

Any updates to this plan?
ordered 24 quarts of EC on saturday and it’s at the office now. the CEO didn’t even want to wait for lab results due to how sure David’s email was that their PCEO could handle 12k miles with ease. i had a meeting with him explaining every cent and how it benefits us and he green lit it. i will get a drum ordered next week and a sample should be ready to be sent off next week aswell.

Forget 12k; go 18-20k and save even more downtime. Plenty of testing here shows HPL is more than capable.

Forget 12k; go 18-20k and save even more downtime. Plenty of testing here shows HPL is more than capable.
i would, but air filters come out absolutely knarly at 12k. the trucks need to be greased and given a once over and 12k is a good target. keeps a decent margin of error in oil life aswell as hopefully keeping the trucks in check.

I wonder if the HPL could have any mpg advantage over a typical oil. In fleet service that could make a difference too.

Looking at the @High Performance Lubricants i did notice crazy high TBN. Most otc was between 5-8ish so as long as it gets topped off, i think 12-15k on anything is doable, more if topping off and clean running are in line.
There have been several claims that HPL deals with fuel dilution better than most - but have not seen the data …

There have been several claims that HPL deals with fuel dilution better than most - but have not seen the data …

Though HPL's 10W-20 started with a KV100 ~1.5 cSt lower than the OEM Mazda 5W-30, they ended with roughly the same KV100 at the same fuel dilution and interval. Notice how fuel dilution increased from 2.9% -> 4.3% with no change in KV100. Despite the fuel, the wear trends were low (especially for a new engine) and TBN was higher at 7,200 miles than the OEM Mazda oil had at just 211 miles.

all going in with some valvoline restore and protect

IMG_6551.jpg

IMG_6552.jpg

Back