Boron: 151
Silicon: 19
Sodium: 17
Calcium: 2215
Magnesium: 37
Phosphorus: 1024
Zinc: 1437
Barium: 0

cSt Viscosity @ 100 C: 13.2 (should be 16.30-21.89)
TAN: 2.06
TBN: 7.0
KF: 1004 (should be < 750)
Flashpoint: 350 (should be > 400)
Oxidation: 38 (should be < 20)
Nitration: 12 (should be < 15)
Fuel: 1.03
Soot: 0
Glycol: 0
Viscosity Index: 138

5 oz of LC20 at start, and 2 oz every 1,000 miles. Also used FP60 consistently.
-------------------------------
This was from a gallon jug of the old "Red Cap" 15W-50 that I have. I'm trying to clear out all the strays from my garage, and there's clearly a reason I no longer buy Mobil 1 for my motorcycle--it stinks in this application! I know that comparing results from different labs is imprecise, but it's clear from the spikes in iron, copper and aluminum that M1 just can't protect this bike very well. The fact that it sheared down to a thin 40-weight isn't very appealing, either.

I was happy to see that the lead wear continues to drop, though.

For this OCI I switched to an OEM foam air filter and used the NoToil products, as a couple of friends with the same model of bike are seeing better filtration with them. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that combination works for me, as the silicon and sodium are still at the same levels as before. I guess the only thing this really tells me is that it's probably not the air filter that's at fault. There must be a leak somewhere else in the intake that's letting dirt in. I guess I'll have to get some starting fluid and spray it around the intake system and see if I can find a leak that way.

Eh, if Red Line isn't shear stable in this application, I doubt that the V-twin oil will be better. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I'll be trying BIOSYN after the current OCI and we'll see if that can do any better.

blake,
now you know why i gave up on "red cap" a long time ago. the big bucks it cost don't measure up to its performance!!!

and over 1% fuel???

Ever time I hear somebody has found dirt dust in there airboot, Notoil has been the culprit.

Belray and Pj1 make real non biodegradable filter oil thats extremely effective at trapping dirt.

notoil being the culprit? HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i race offroad. in texas dust. and have ONLY used notoil the last , oh let me count here, um, well this will be the start of my 8th season using it on a the same model. of which i have done dozens of uoa's.

OMG!!! my last report that came back last week had a SEVEN (7) for SILICON. what to do, what to do???
and the one before that was a very high SEVEN (7) and before that was EIGHT and before that FIVE and a SIX oh and the sand race was a NINE. wait did i say sand race? all races around here are sand races. hmmmm, oh the one in arkansas in june wasnt - that was the SIX. the one later in june at a place that they mine sand out of showed an ELEVEN, but i dont have a voa reading on the new delo400le. 11, OMG, the motor is gonna explode!!! i better not put my legs 3 inches from it when it spins 13,000 rpm now should i???

notoil the culprit? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back