MMO, the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Originally Posted By: rdalek
Originally Posted By: Trajan

One last comment. I also find it funny that, of your 109 posts on here, all but a handful are about Z-max. 109 posts, and all but 15 are defending Z-max? For someone who claims not to use it, you sure spend a lot of time and effort defending it.

Methinks thou dost protest too much..

Employee maybe? There is no logical reason that someone who doesn't use it would defend it so hotly. Unless your job depends on it.

To SirTanon. (Point 1)==>I find it odd that a HUGE number of posts here from MoleKule are anti-Zmax or anti-something else. (Point 2)==>Actually, I believe every post he makes on the topic of Zmax is against it. Does that mean he has a interest in giving Zmax a bad name? After all, he hasn't proven a thing or changed the claims a bit. Also, Trajan is basically in the same creek MoleKule is in. So is dave1251 as well. What does that say about them you think? Well? (Point 3)==>Does it not say something to you? (Point 4)==>You seem to think I have some reason for posting what I post so what do you think about what they post? (Point 5)==>Or does that only apply to people you disagree with? (Point 6)==>If so, then what does that say about you as well?

Regarding Point 1:
HUGE? I don’t know if I’d say that. He’s got well over 14,000 posts on BITOG, and I’ve read countless of them on other subjects. As there are only a few threads that I can find on Z-max, the math would suggest that the actual percentage of his posts about Z-max is pretty low. Even if we estimate that he has posted at least as many posts about Z-max as you have, he still only has about 90 of them. Let’s double that because he’s replied to Dave too. Heck, I’ll double THAT, and estimate that he MAY have posted somewhere around 360 posts about Z-max. That places his Z-max percentage at about 2.52%, and I’d say that number is on the high side. Hardly HUGE.
I can’t say the same for you. Of all your posts (all 116 of them), only 15 are NOT about Z-max. This places your Z-max percentage at ~86.95%. Ouch.

Regarding Point 2:
You think every post he makes about Z-max is negative? Dunno, maybe.. maybe not. I’m not digging through 14,000 posts to find that out. Feel free.. and by all means, please post your results here – I think that would actually be the first time you’ve posted real quantitative analysis on BITOG. Might gain you some points.

Regarding Point 3:
Having read enough other posts from these gentlemen elsewhere on BITOG about a multitude of subjects, it’s clear to me that they know the subjects on which they speak. They are clearly intelligent, and clearly come from a scientific background, and base their discussions on sound physical and chemical principles. As this is a forum based on motor oil, physics and chemistry are both cogent fields of expertise, and so they are clearly qualified to present facts and present educated opinions. To your point, if it tells me ANYTHING, it tells me that what they say carries some weight.

Regarding Point 4:
Read my response to point 3. What do I think of what they post? I think they know of what they speak.

Regarding Point 5:
In this case, it applies to you. Disagreement is not a bad thing – in fact, disagreement is often what leads to interesting discussion, and to progress. You, on the other hand, are just disagreeable. Confrontational too.
Did I mention outmatched? You’re that as well.

Finally, regarding point 6:
Please read my above points. You asked me, so I’ll answer. I did well in school. I went to college. I work in a technical field for a big company, and my expertise is valued by others – it’s why I got the job, and why I am still working here. I got where I am because I LISTENED to my professors in school. I absorbed the knowledge they had to share. Sure, I questioned things from time to time, but when a rational explanation was presented to me, I processed it and I accepted what those who knew more than I did had to teach me.
It’s why I came to BITOG, and it’s why I’ve learned so much from people like MoleKule. They clearly know their stuff, and I am glad I can learn from it.

Perhaps you should consider doing the same.

Point one. Every post I have seen, is anti-Zmax and I have seen others that are anti-something else. I see a pattern. It seems the only thing he supports was what he failed at. I'm basing that on posts others have made about it. I was also talking about the Zmax posts, not posts in general.

Point two. I have posted court docs that to this day, NOT one single person can change with their so called "proof". I have backed up what I have posted, many times and no one has been able to prove anything different. Do you need me to post them in picture form for you? I did that once before and still have them.

Point three. So far, I have yet to see them change a single claim made by Zmax. That shows who knows what.

Point four. I think you are wrong, badly.

Point five. It was MoleKule that resorted to name calling. It was not me. It is also Trajan that seems to think I work for Zmax but has no proof, just his thinking like everything else he posts. Also, Trajan claims it was me and Dave5358 that took this thread off topic when it was HIM that mentioned Zmax first. So, you would be wrong again it would seem.

Point six. It seemed to die on the vine according to the above points. Opinion based on facts that doesn't match up.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
You have not answered how if the makers of zmax had favor for a judgement why did zmax pursue settlement with paying restitution rather than receiving payment from the federal government. Please tell. I am blowing your mind again.

Also if you can not answer my question for MMO and will not talk about MMO do not post in a MMO thread. Another mind explosion?

You still can not prove anything that changes what Zmax left the court WITH either can you? Again, if you OR anyone here has so much proof, why don't you get up and do something with it? Reason, you don't have any proof. The fact still remains, Zmax is selling its product with claims you say are false and you and no one else here can do a thing to change it. You just post on here like you know and can prove something when it is blatantly obvious you can't or you would have already.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
dave1251 said:
4: This is an MMO thread.

^^^This

This was supposed to be a MMO thread. My how it has gotten off topic. I have been watching the arguments on this thread turn from MMO, to ZMax, to all out legal brawls. OP, I like MMO. There I said it. I still use 20% MMO in my crankcase. Hopefully this will get the argument back on track!
23.gif

Trajan is the one that first brought up Zmax. Go talk to him. I posted a screenshot earlier to hopefully put that to rest. I think it was on page two if you want to go look for yourself.

I to use MMO. I'm happy with what it does for me and plan to continue to use it.

[/quote]

This was supposed to be a MMO thread. My how it has gotten off topic. I have been watching the arguments on this thread turn from MMO, to ZMax, to all out legal brawls. OP, I like MMO. There I said it. I still use 20% MMO in my crankcase. Hopefully this will get the argument back on track!
23.gif

Can you tell me some of the benefits, if any you've obtained by using it? Or the reason why you've used it? I like it too, and had lots of success with it over the years, but that's old news.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
oK

Lab Ananlysis of MMO

Ok...so after reading the report what am I missing? I have always used it as a passive type cleaner that would prevent engine deposits from forming, or gently clean what may already be there (by gentle I mean not as harsh as say a 5 minute motor flush, WD40 flush, etc.) Your analysis shows that it does, in fact have that capability. I also use it in the gas tank as a fuel system cleaner/lubricant, it looks like it works for that too. Im not understanding why some here still demonize this stuff? I dont claim that it will increase your libido, make you taller or grow more hair, but it looks like it lives up to it's intended use!

various blather repeated for the nth time

cqt63li4y604o9k3nzore4i7q.500x350x10.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Yes, this post did start out as a post on MMO until it was hijacked. I would like to hear jk_636's story also about what MMO did for him. I have used MMO and I still do use it. My Dad used MMO. In the case of demarpaint here he has used MMO for about 40 years.

various blather repeated for the nth time

cqt63li4y604o9k3nzore4i7q.500x350x10.gif

Ran out of facts to huh? I'm very familiar with those tactics and they mean they have lost the argument. It is strange, after all the tactics used by a few people here, not one single thing has changed. Not one. Zmax still sells its product despite all the know-it-alls that say it doesn't do what it claims.

oK

Lab Ananlysis of MMO

Ok...so after reading the report what am I missing? I have always used it as a passive type cleaner that would prevent engine deposits from forming, or gently clean what may already be there (by gentle I mean not as harsh as say a 5 minute motor flush, WD40 flush, etc.) Your analysis shows that it does, in fact have that capability. I also use it in the gas tank as a fuel system cleaner/lubricant, it looks like it works for that too. Im not understanding why some here still demonize this stuff? I dont claim that it will increase your libido, make you taller or grow more hair, but it looks like it lives up to it's intended use!

Here's another that's been posted many times before, which I've borrowed from time to time in threads.

Composition:

70% Light Aromatic Oil (Pale Oil)
- It is a Naphthenic Oil, so while it oxidizes faster than a Paraffinic oil, it does clean and dissolve sludge and carbon well and cleans up after itself from any oxidation. serves as base oil as well. [Naphthenic oils have more solvency and are more polar (they are attracted to metal more), but oxidize faster.

29% Mineral Spirits
- Cleans Varnish very well. General cleaner. Also acts as an antioxidant.

38 parts per million (ppm) Boron
- AW/EP agent, friction reducer, antioxidant

900 ppm Phosporous
- AW/EP agent

1/2% 1, 2 ortho-Dichlorobenzene
- EP agent as it interacts with Iron to form an Iron chloride barrier under any ZDDP or other AW additives. Also very good cleaner/solvent, and friction reducer

1/4% 1, 4 para-Dichlorobenzene
- EP agent as it interacts with Iron to form an Iron chloride barrier under any ZDDP or other AW additives. Also very good cleaner/solvent, and friction reducer

Oil of wintergreen - for the scent
- Not just for the cent, is also a cleaner. may aid lubricity.

Red Dye - for the color
- well this one just colors the stuff.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Yes, this post did start out as a post on MMO until it was hijacked. I would like to hear jk_636's story also about what MMO did for him. I have used MMO and I still do use it. My Dad used MMO. In the case of demarpaint here he has used MMO for about 40 years.

1. Use it in the crankcase to prevent engine deposits, or to gently clean what may already be in there. Never had any sludge in the engine. Is that because of MMO or regular oil changes? My conclusion: yes.

2. Use it as fuel system cleaner and lubricant for fuel pump. Never had to replace fuel pump. Is that because of MMO, or because I avoid cheap gas like the plague and never let it go below 1/4 of a tank? My consensus, all of the above.

My dad used MMO also, and now I have used it for years as well. Is it the best fuel system cleaner? Does it clean the engine, protect and lubricate as well as others? Maybe not, but it is cheap, available everywhere and hasn't let me down yet.

Last edited:

I'll add my experience if interested.

The reason I started using it was because I could see some build-up of "stuff" in the hole fill hole. I figure if it is where I can see it, it is likely where I can't as well. My brother, a mechanic, suggested that I start using it since the build up was not bad yet but could get there. I kept a eye on the issue and noticed it did clean up very nicely. The only thing that changed was me adding MMO to the oil. That was many many miles ago. That same car has over 200,000 miles on it now and it is still clean as far as I can see. I really would like to pull that cover off and look at it one day tho.

I also add some to my gas in that same car. To this day, I have not had any fuel problems outside trying to use ethanol blended gas, which ended badly. My car does not seem to like ethanol.

Even tho it is not claimed by MMO, it seems to work good as a stabilizer as well. I store gas for a year and longer in drums and it burns just like fresh gas. Again, I only buy pure gas, no ethanol blended gas.

I don't recall what year I began using it but it has been a long time. Based on the results I see, I'm happy with the product.

Unfortunately, MolaKule's analysis is better. And not with any agenda to promote it.

Agenda? LOL I see you have an agenda in this thread, and several others. I just wanted to share with a member who uses the product and expressed an interest another analysis, with descriptions of what the ingredients do. Sorry you don't approve, that's too bad really.

1. Use it in the crankcase to prevent engine deposits, or to gently clean what may already be in there. Never had any sludge in the engine. Is that because of MMO or regular oil changes? My conclusion: yes. Which one? by this statement, you have no idea which one is responsible.

2. Use it as fuel system cleaner and lubricant for fuel pump. Never had to replace fuel pump. Is that because of MMO, or because I avoid cheap gas like the plague and never let it go below 1/4 of a tank? My consensus, all of the above. Millions upon millions of car have never replaced a fuel pump either, And never see MMO. I've had twenty year old cars that never replaced a fuel pump.

Don't use MMO. Especially after it killed a catalytic converter. Yep, use cheap gas too. With a bottle of Redline SI-1 two-three times a year.

My dad used MMO also, and now I have used it as well. Is it the best fuel system cleaner? Does it clean the engine, protect and lubricate as well as others? Maybe not, but it is cheap, available everywhere and hasn't let me down yet. Which doesn't mean it works. All that means is it hasn't killed an engine. Lack of harm does not mean proof of benefit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Unfortunately, MolaKule's analysis is better. And not with any agenda to promote it.

Agenda? LOL I see you have an agenda in this thread, and several others. I just wanted to share with a member who uses the product and expressed an interest another analysis, with descriptions of what the ingredients do. Sorry you don't approve, that's too bad really.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing!
Any time!

1. Use it in the crankcase to prevent engine deposits, or to gently clean what may already be in there. Never had any sludge in the engine. Is that because of MMO or regular oil changes? My conclusion: yes. Which one? by this statement, you have no idea which one is responsible.

2. Use it as fuel system cleaner and lubricant for fuel pump. Never had to replace fuel pump. Is that because of MMO, or because I avoid cheap gas like the plague and never let it go below 1/4 of a tank? My consensus, all of the above. Millions upon millions of car have never replaced a fuel pump either, And never see MMO. I've had twenty year old cars that never replaced a fuel pump.

Don't use MMO. Especially after it killed a catalytic converter. Yep, use cheap gas too. With a bottle of Redline SI-1 two-three times a year.

My dad used MMO also, and now I have used it as well. Is it the best fuel system cleaner? Does it clean the engine, protect and lubricate as well as others? Maybe not, but it is cheap, available everywhere and hasn't let me down yet.
Which doesn't mean it works. All that means is it hasn't killed an engine. Lack of harm does not mean proof of benefit.

I have seen two(2) different analysis so far that show it to, chemically, live up to its intended use. How much more evidence do you need? Positive Chemical analysis + positive anecdotal information = looks pretty good to me.

oh I almost forgot about its catalytic converter killing properties...
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
oK

Lab Ananlysis of MMO

Here's another that's been posted many times before, which I've borrowed from time to time in threads.

Composition:

70% Light Aromatic Oil (Pale Oil)
- It is a Naphthenic Oil, so while it oxidizes faster than a Paraffinic oil, it does clean and dissolve sludge and carbon well and cleans up after itself from any oxidation. serves as base oil as well. [Naphthenic oils have more solvency and are more polar (they are attracted to metal more), but oxidize faster.

29% Mineral Spirits
- Cleans Varnish very well. General cleaner. Also acts as an antioxidant.

38 parts per million (ppm) Boron
- AW/EP agent, friction reducer, antioxidant

900 ppm Phosporous
- AW/EP agent

1/2% 1, 2 ortho-Dichlorobenzene

1/4% 1, 4 para-Dichlorobenzene

Oil of wintergreen - for the scent
- Not just for the cent, is also a cleaner. may aid lubricity.

Red Dye - for the color
- well this one just colors the stuff.

jk_636, if that comment was directed my way I don't see any demonizing involved but merely reporting what we found in the lab as of April 2014, except for the sulfur of course.

demarpaint, for the analysis you posted, who did the analysis, when was it done, and who made the comments?

Quote:
jk_636: oh I almost forgot about its catalytic converter killing properties... crackmeup

If we can get back to topic of MMO efficacy that would be nice.

Last edited:
How exactly does Trajan know that there is some agenda to promote Auto-RX? A new guy at this website tells about his experience with MMO in a post that, until it was hijacked, was about MMO. The new guy wants to tell his story and we encourage him to do so. And he gets accused of having an agenda?

About about some courtesy to a brand new member? I don't think a brand new member deserves to be accused of having an agenda.

I don't know exactly where it was an I would have to locate it, but I believe that Molakule said something to the effect that MMO should or could be a decent fuel system cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back