MMO Marvel Mystery Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to restate that MMO was VERY useful in fuel years ago. Gas had lead in it, and MMO combated it on the valves, CCs, and spark plugs. That is why many small aircraft and vintage owners use it today [leaded fuel is still around for them].
Many cars got internally dirty, and MMO helped free countless lifters, and clean up things. Old time rebuilders would run MMO in the crankcase before tearing things down, as well.

So what about today?
MMO combats the diminished lubricity of alcohol fuels. Better for the fuel pump, primarily. It certainly has helped with sticky and balky fuel level sending units. Cleaning? How can we measure this? I can say it does not add to the problem.
In the oil? Only for special cases and special needs, IMO.

my main concern and what lead me to MMO was alcohol. if it simply lubes I am absolutely fine with paying the $0.44 each time I add with filling gas.
Seriously $0.44.
My car became quiet. MPG remained the same to slight improvement. I am happy.

Techron before each oil change should keep it plenty clean. And that is only $5 every 8 months.

Agreed...that's my typical treatmamt regimen...chevron techron np regane in the tank before an OCI, MMO at 3 oz. To 10 gallons every fill up between.

I just went to Walmart and bought the big jug, even got the gf adding it at the gas station before filling up lol.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
I'd like to restate that MMO was VERY useful in fuel years ago. Gas had lead in it, and MMO combated it on the valves, CCs, and spark plugs. That is why many small aircraft and vintage owners use it today [leaded fuel is still around for them].
Many cars got internally dirty, and MMO helped free countless lifters, and clean up things. Old time rebuilders would run MMO in the crankcase before tearing things down, as well.

So what about today?
MMO combats the diminished lubricity of alcohol fuels. Better for the fuel pump, primarily. It certainly has helped with sticky and balky fuel level sending units. Cleaning? How can we measure this? I can say it does not add to the problem.
In the oil? Only for special cases and special needs, IMO.

Agreed on all counts.

I think there is a really big issue here why not live and let live?
I a very skeptic when it comes to wonder products the very first time I have knowledge of MMO was because my uncle knowing my car was acting up poured 16oz of it on half tank without my consent and without me knowing.Low and behold my car run way better so a few days later I told him how my car mysteriously fixed that's when i first saw a MMO bottle.Since that day I'm a MMO user on all my cars unless is brand new 0 miles.Great results for $4 a month on regular use why not?

I can care less if it is made with sewer water,tobacco spit from a toothless guy or any other crazy substance it works for me.I don't care if the labs say it has so much this less much that, I still don't understand half of what people talk here when they start talking about ocd cis zn ne content whatever.It works for me.

Originally Posted By: Maximus_pr

I can care less if it is made with sewer water,tobacco spit from a toothless guy or any other crazy substance it works for me.I don't care if the labs say it has so much this less much that, I still don't understand half of what people talk here when they start talking about ocd cis zn ne content whatever.It works for me.

Bingo. As Gary Allan once said, you pay for the tests you get the results you want. Smart guy! These so called tests that everyone publishes to push their products, guess who paid for them? MMO works for a lot of people, so let it be.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Bingo. As Gary Allan once said, you pay for the tests you get the results you want. Smart guy! These so called tests that everyone publishes to push their products, guess who paid for them? MMO works for a lot of people, so let it be.

That is utter nonsense. There are INDEPENDENT organizations that will do tests for a fee that will NOT be influenced by that fee. The SAE is one of them.

The reason WHY MMO will NOT utilize such tests is because they know that the results will NOT be what they desired. Which is to say by and large MMO is ineffective with its stated claims and possibly can be detrimental to modern vehicles.

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone on bitog feels the need to use big fancy words? Maybe they think it makes them look smarter and their posts more believable but whatever, how is mmo going to cause damage in newer cars? I would like to know, and can you back it up with any solid evidence like you would like about it having good effects? Doubt it but I'm curious, call me George.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

That is utter nonsense. There are INDEPENDENT organizations that will do tests for a fee that will NOT be influenced by that fee. The SAE is one of them.

The reason WHY MMO will NOT utilize such tests is because they know that the results will NOT be what they desired. Which is to say by and large MMO is ineffective with its stated claims and possibly can be detrimental to modern vehicles.

If I understand what you say, correctly, the Mach3 Super Eco Fuel Saver is tested the correct way, since it has been tested by the SAE.
Do you use it?

It would be interesting to have any and ALL claims backed up by testing.

But this would mean nay sayers too! And we know that's not going to happen. The same standard applied to those claiming benefits can also be applied to those claiming harm.

Proof is always good. I'd even accept some anecdotal experiences. Anyone got any real world negatives to contribute besides just innuendo and hearsay?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

So run the test then, see if the results are what you desire. You're positive the product doesn't work, prove to those of us who know it works that we're wrong. It's going cost you some money, and be prepared to have the test results torn apart and found to be flawed. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
That is all I will say about it. Posts about MMO here on BITOG usually get out of hand with people who say it does not work, it is snake oil, they want to see definitive scientific quantitative proof that MMO has any benefits, etc etc. There are also posts from others like myself who get great results from MMO, but defending my use of MMO gets old real quick.

To the OP who started this thread: See what I mean? I am actually kind of surprised it took this long to get to this point.

That is all I will say about it. Posts about MMO here on BITOG usually get out of hand with people who say it does not work, it is snake oil, they want to see definitive scientific quantitative proof that MMO has any benefits, etc etc. There are also posts from others like myself who get great results from MMO, but defending my use of MMO gets old real quick.

To the OP who started this thread: See what I mean? I am actually kind of surprised it took this long to get to this point.

LOL

I remember when you first started asking questions about MMO, and then took the plunge. After that you started posting positively, so one of two things happened. 1. The product worked for you. Or 2. Turtle Wax caught up with you and started using you as a paid poster. Now which is it? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL They sent me so much money and free product I'm retiring early.

If dozens of people told you McDonald's newest burger was great, would you insist on independent scientific testing or would you simply try one?
banana2.gif

Ya gotta keep in mind that allot of us are on summer vacation. lol.

Originally Posted By: jonny-b

If I understand what you say, correctly, the Mach3 Super Eco Fuel Saver is tested the correct way, since it has been tested by the SAE.
Do you use it?

I don't know about this product. What was the CONCLUSION of SAE regarding it's performance?

That is the big question.
grin.gif

If the SAE concluded that the product actually does what it claims to I would consider using it.

Last edited:
You can read about their conclusion on their homepage.

But, it was positive(and kind of surprising).

By the way, I have been using MMO, and really like it.
There is no doubt that some applications need it.

With or without the SAE testing.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
If dozens of people told you McDonald's newest burger was great, would you insist on independent scientific testing or would you simply try one?
banana2.gif

I wouldn't go in to a McDonalds if YOU bought me one!

But seriously, this is a great analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back