Mixing MMO and Lucus UCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think so. i would imagine, it might be like mixing oils of different makes, they might start interferring with eachother in the crankcase, so at oil change, *** knows what woul come out of the oil pan. i use both, MMO recently now, and lucas UCL> in my opinion, the LUCAS outperforms the MMO. i would think, if both were mixed and used, the lucas ULC would was the MMO away, or jsut pas it throught the injectors for burning. plus you run the risk, of over lubing your upper cyclinders. i did that once with LUCAS UCL, made my pistons go so fast up and down, my car was slower moving. had to run tank to empty and refill, to flush it out.

I mix them with my fuel. No issues. Both are simple petroleum based products.

I don't think one performs better than the other.
So, I use the cheaper MMO to thin out the more expensive UCL!

The UCL is not petroleum specifically. It's assumed to be polyisobutylene. While MMO is more of a petrolleum distillate. Mixing the two is probably not harmful, however I also feel it's unnecessary. MMO doesn't seem to help me much and it's very cheap.

I ran both MMO ULC in the same tank. I overdosed the MMO little the car started to studder so, I went back to Arco and pumped 1.5 gallons and the car ran fine after that. Be carful running both, I would run one or the other.

ziggy - Lucas UCL made your pistons go up and down so fast that your car was slower moving???
That post should get some sort of internet award.

If your pistons are moving up and down very fast, and you are moving slower, you may want to get out of neutral and try one of the gears. Those gears are pretty good about connecting the crank to the wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back