Militec acceptance up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having shipped over $100,000 worth of Militec to our troops over in the gulf for free, Brad is starting to get large orders. One is a gov't contract for a quarter of a million bucks.
After troops over there proved that they can wipe a gun dry after using Militec and fire a thousand rounds in those dusty conditions without a jam whole divisions of troops have dropped CLP. After a while as they learned a little about it they started using it in their vehicles. The Secret Service uses Militec in their guns and a lot of their vehicles. It does make me laugh when I see people make disparaging comments about products they haven't tried and know nothing about. Letting capricious opinions direct your decisions in life will have you going in four directions at once... lol

Militec is a very good lube. I have some, I have used it before on firearms including AR-15s and various pistols. BUT - it has little, if any, corrosion protection, despite Brad's claims. This has been proven in both laboratory testing and the field. CLP wins in that category, which doesn't really matter in a desert.

Yes, lots of laughs. What was the source for your information?

Are you sure the same Militec used for guns is the same formula as that used for additives?

The only caution thrown to the wind is that IF this stuff is truly a Chlorinated Paraffin or Ester, it might dissassociate or decompose to a highly reactive chlorine acid in a high temperature crankcase.

For a firearm, the sustained temps might not be high enough to change the molecular structure of this chemical compound into reactive acids.

In a dry desert situation, it may not matter what you use on a firearm as long as the lube doesn't gum things up or collect sand.

Now if used in the jungles, who knows what might happen?
dunno.gif

I have yet to try Militec in any of my guns. I probably will go out and buy an some. One thing I have noticed is everyone I meet that sells it or uses it puts all us "Amsoil Nuts" to shame. I have never even seen a religious fanatic as crazy about god as these guys were about Militec lube. I will have to buy some to see if they are right or just nuts. Sure hope it is as good as they say (I think I'll just stick with Amsoil and Castrol in my engines though)

uhm I have a 1/2 oz of Militec and it says designed for rifles (or something to that extent) and there was a brochure that showed a cop and soldier cleaning their firearms.
dunno.gif

FWIW Militec smelled less nasty than CLP, but Rem Oil seems to have no odor.

quote:

Originally posted by Chris B.:
Yes it is for firearms but ALSO for engines.

This is an interesting counter to the person exclaiming M1 is for engines and not firearms.

I don't know!
grin.gif
Militec advertised it for both uses. Mobil 1 might work well in a gun but only a lab test will show to be true or not and I don't think it has been done.

FWIW, Militec-1 is nowhere to be found on the current qualifying products list for the military spec. In other words, it must have failed one or more of the tests outlined by the military spec. It's most likely the corrosion test.

Now if they'd get rid of the nasty Break-Free CLP smell, I'd be a happy customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back