Michelin Latitude Tour HP - opinions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hey Guys,

Any expirence with this tires ? ( I purchased them already so this question is late )

Thank you

I will be honest it was a steal brand new Porsche Rims + Tires for super cheap!

Originally Posted By: Ndx
I will be honest it was a steal brand new Porsche Rims + Tires for super cheap!

I love getting a steal on a set of wheels&tires. I just got new chevy wheels for my truck for 300$ from a guy!

Originally Posted By: Doog
The last 2 sets of Michelin tires have been a real disappointment for me. I'm done with them.

Umm..more details on WHY, sure would be useful. Otherwise your post could be labelled most useless post evah.

The set that came on my used '07 Explorer have been fine. I've only put on about 10,000 miles on them (were basically brand new when I bought it), but they appear to be wearing fine, run quiet, and have decent enough dry and wet traction. No idea on snow capability - I run dedicated snow tires in the winter.

Their gravel/grass/mud traction is also less than ideal, but that is not what they are meant for, so I don't mark the tire down for that.

I had no complaints of those tires on my 07 MDX except that winter performance was average at best(I need better) and they overly expensive to replace $300/each in MDX size.

The last 2 sets of Michelin tires have been a real disappointment for me. I'm done with them.

How does this correlate with topic of a particular tire?

Their a Michelin.

Never had a bad experience with Michelin tyres.

To be honest most tyres are pretty good these days even the cheaper ones from South Korea or Malaysia. Still avoid Chinese tyres if i'm honest. Though even they are improving with good results in noise, wet weather grip and rolling resistance in the current EU tests.

I went through a period of using Toyo Proxes almost exclusively from 2004 till i sold my Mondeo mk3 in 2011.

Had good wear etc from Avon, GoodYear, Michelin, Dunlop and even the cheap Acceleras, Phi and Phi2 on the Jag (turns out they are actually an All Season tyre) even though they have slightly different names the tread pattern is nearly identical.

Only tyre i can honestly say i was disappointed with were the Continentals as fitted to the Clio when it was purchased. They wore very quickly indeed.

A mate was going to put the exact same tyres on his 07 CR-V 2.2 cdti but he has decided to put a couple of matched part worns on and sell it instead.

I hope your tyres give you good service.

They Latitude's came on my buddy's '11 Equinox(4cyl/2wd) and he loves'em. But, their winter traction is now becoming useless even though there is lots of treadlife remaining. He is considering dedicated winter tires on steelies.

Last edited:
Thank you, guys not worried about winter I have dedicated tire Dunlop 3D

Originally Posted By: Danno

Umm..more details on WHY, sure would be useful. Otherwise your post could be labelled most useless post evah.

Both sets were out of round and impossible to balance. Then wore out at about 20,000 miles (60k tires). They were the energy ones.

Great tire, I've ran Michelin of some stripe on all our vehicles for 20+ yrs now. I have these on an 06 Silverado. I know, they're an SUV tire, but this truck is basically a highway/Home Depot runner. I have ~60,000 on them right now and still have some tread left before the wear indicator bar touches the ground. Has been a great riding/wearing tire... very uniform wear with regular rotation. Run 38 psig front and 34 psig in rears (except w/load).
Good choice

Last edited:
BTW I had a set of Latitudes on my 4Runner....fair performance in wet/dry conditions. Poor winter performance. Like I said, Michelin has lost it's edge. There are better tires out there for less $$ IMO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
They Latitude's came on my buddy's '11 Equinox(4cyl/2wd) and he loves'em. But, their winter traction is now becoming useless even though there is lots of treadlife remaining. He is considering dedicated winter tires on steelies.

+1 That is what happened on my 4Runner. Winter performance suffered at about 60% of tread life left.

The OE Latitudes (non-HP) on our Jeep were horrible. I've gone into details in other threads. I wouldn't use them again if they were given to me.

I have non-HP Latitudes on our CR-V and they're fantastic. I have about 30,000 miles on them now and they're down at about 6/32" of tread. I expect an honest 50k. Traction is excellent in dry, rain, and snow. Car is very stable to drive on both fresh powder and packed snow, but that seems to be of no consequence to you either way.

We put non-HP Latitudes on our MDX and went through two sets and couldn't find a balance. Traded those for a set of Primacys and still couldn't find a balance. The problem turned out to be the shop and not the tires, at least with the Primacys. I bet the first two sets of the Latitudes were fine. The Primacys are sublime.

The Latitudes are discontinued in the 225/65R17 102T size for our CR-V, so I will likely go next to the Latitude HP in 225/65R17 102T that now comes as OE on the new RAV4.

Daughter in law has them on her Cadillac SRX Came standard...weird size (235/55/20) w/few credible options matching speed rating and mileage warranty.. Very good tire in all aspects, with ride comfort being something I would want a tad more of. Wearing perfectly. Highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back