Michelin Harmony Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a set of those on our Windstar. We've put 41,000 miles on them and I can see us getting about the rated 80,000 out of them, if the van doesn't rust out over them first.

These tires have been nothing short of excellent! Dry, wet, snow, whatever.. doesn't matter. It's all been good.

Just put a set of these on our PT. They're very quiet and handle great. Haven't tried them in rain/wet conditions. We changed the wheel size on our PT from 16" to 15", and also increased tire size slightly. I'm old school when it comes to wheels/tires and like having extra rubber for a nicer ride.

Put a set of 195/70-14 Harmony's on an Olds Achieva I had for a couple of years. Overkill for that car but did make a great difference in the otherwise cheap feeling ride/handling. Excellent rain traction as well.

It's amazing for an old tire like Harmony. I had it on my LS400 about 7-8 years ago, it was a good tire back then and still is good tire now. Tire technology is improved every year or two, but not many can beat Harmony in term of ride, noise, handling, long tread life at reasonable price.

I keep expecting Michelin to release a "Harmony II" or some other major update to this tire (as they have the LTX A/T2, LTX M/S2, etc). The Harmony is still a competitive tire, but I'd still like to see something fresh from Michelin in their passenger car tire department. Their mainline passenger car tires are the Harmony and the Symmetry (and the Energy LX4 to an extent). None of these are particularly new. The Symmetry came out in the late 1990s to replace the XW4, so it's close to 15 years old. The Harmony came out in 2002 as I recall.

The "fresh" replacements are often not as good as the original and the companies won't go back and re-issue the originals (except Coke Classic)....

"but not many can beat Harmony in term of ride, noise, handling, long tread life at reasonable price.". What more could you ask for ??

If you sit still while the competition improves, you'll get overtaken.

I know of very few tires where an older design outperformed a newer design.

6,000 mile update!

Last night I hit the 6,000 mile mark on the harmony's and decided it was time to rotate them. Upon pulling the front wheels they have no uneven wear, no cupping and are all around great.

My biggest downfall however previously were my back tires and with my potenzas they wore out on the inside terribly with massive amounts of cupping and transferring to the front after 6,000 miles resulted in steering wheel shake and horrible road noise. Nothing like this at all with the michelin's, wearing perfectly on the back as well and no problems with cupping/feathering as well.

These tires are doing amazing so far, I am very, very happy with my purchase. Great even with all the rain and 2-3inches of water all over the roads no problems with traction or hydroplaning. Can't wait for the snow to see how they perform, I can definitely see these reaching out to the 80,000 mi + mark.

6,000 miles and 2 1/2 months later and I am still very impressed and happy with them.

The Michelin Harmony tires are on my LS400 at more than 100k miles now, still have about 3/32 tread left, no other tires lasted more than 35-40k miles. It is more than 7-8 years old so it has tiny hairline cracks on sidewall.

I put a set of Harmony tires on my 2005 Corolla at 82K miles. Just cruised past 160K with the same set, they look like about half the tread is worn. Only rotated them twice. I am VERY pleased with them. Great in the rain too!

I had the Costco version "X-Radial" DT; Harmony/Destiny clone, tires put on the VX 2 weeks ago. The ride is so much quieter now and the handling is much better. Before, the handling and just the steering all-around, had degraded quite a bit with the old tires.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
My brother-in-law has Harmony tires in a similar size on his 2005 Accord Coupe (4-cyl). He just installed them recently, and I rode in his car this weekend while on vacation in Pittsburgh. Those tires rode real nice on his car, and helped soften the broken pavement of the South Hills area very well.

I've owned three different sets of the Harmony's sister tires (WeatherWise II from Sears and X Radial from Sam's). I've been happy with every purchase. The Harmony line is my "default" passenger all season tire recommendation because it's a good value and genuinely a good product.

I agree!
I put over 75k on my last set of X-Radials, and I only changed them because we were heading into winter so I wanted fresh tread. They handle well in all seasons, are reasonably quiet, provide good mileage, are reasonably priced, and they last.

My new-ish '09 Impala has new Goodyears from the dealer, and I can barely wait to replace them. They are a bit noisy and squeal if you stare at them hard. Nothing against Goodyear, but I have had two bad experiences with rapid wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back