MG HS

They're called PCP (Personal Contract Purchase) over here. You pay what is essentially the depreciation only plus interest with the option to hand back or purchase outright at the end of the plan.

My concern with this is, what with stone chips or scratches in the paint, curb damage etc....

They have guidelines as to what is considered general wear and tear vs damage. It's actually quite surprising exactly what is considered wear and tear.
Ally/GMAC would always mail the wear square nearing the end of the SmartBuy/Lease
1000010232.jpg

Order placed on friday. Getting one fresh from China as the combo I wanted didn't exist. 2-3 months wait I guess.

I wanted the barest one (which is still pretty well equipped) with an automatic (dct). Stuff it doesn't have: glass roof, electric boot lifts, big alloys, electric adjustment on passenger seat, led headlights, "dynamic" tail lights, lights in the dash and door cards.

But it does have the same HVAC, same radio/screens and speakers, heated seats, same engine and same transmission and still on 17" alloys which is plenty big for me. The stuff listed in the previous paragraph sounds to me like it's an expense waiting to happen after the 7 year warranty runs out. I intend to run this car alongside the Alfa Romeo until the wheels fall off both. I might not be able to get a new ICE before long, and extra nannies are on the horizon, like speed limiter and an Event Data Recorder. This one likely will have that already but the Alfa doesn't.

MG HS and EHS is the biggest MG on offer where I live, it's roughly the size of a Hyundai tucson.

It's also the cheapest on offer in it's calss.

I've seen one article about it, what stood out to me is they commented how well it soaked up speed bumps (the ICE only version: HS) and rough roads. As I get older, I find this more and more important for a family vehicle....

Apparently the engine is a GM 1.5 turbo, and the transmissions available are a 6 speed manual or 7 speed DCT. I don't know who supplies the transmissions, but unless there are major concerns with the DCT I'd want that.

The plug-in version comes with a 10-speed automatic, but costs mlore and I can't plug-in anyways.

5 star euro ncap rating, so not terrible for safety either.

Is the GM engine any good, and does GM offer that 7 speed DCT (sportronic) aswell or anyone have any clue who supplies it?

Around 30,000 euro with all bells and whistles, 7 year warranty. A Tucson would cost 40k.
The transmission is most likely ZF. Is it similar to the 8 speed dct in the C8 Corvette?

The transmission is most likely ZF. Is it similar to the 8 speed dct in the C8 Corvette?

No it's a SAGW DCT 280. 7 speed wet dual clutch transmission. Made by Shanghai automobile gear works. I've been looking but no horror stories about this transmission

No it's a SAGW DCT 280. 7 speed wet dual clutch transmission. Made by Shanghai automobile gear works. I've been looking but no horror stories about this transmission
Interesting. I'm kind of surprised that it offers a manual transmission option. With automatic transmissions seeing better fuel economy than manuals over the last few years. It's a bummer that it isn't made in the UK.

Back