Meijer going Top Tier

Effective 10/11/20, all grades of Meijer gas are going Top Tier.

No harm mentioning it a few hours early...

I'd like to assume this means the depot has already been adding the pack to our deliveries for the last week or so, instead of starting to do so after we start advertising top tier, but...
I've seen nothing definitive saying so... Your guess is as good as mine...

yes..
Great Lakes Regional "Big Box" retailer. one of the originators of the Superstore concept (Groceries in the same store as clothes, hardware, school supplies , etc.)
Based out of Grand Rapids, MI, with 250+ stores (most with C-Stores) in MI, OH, IN, KY, IL, WI.
www.meijer.com

Good to know. BTW, my first job was at Meijer in Maumee at 16.
Store 115..
My First Job was and still is, at the Lima, OH Store. (110)
with a 2.5 yr detour early on to Dublin, OH. (058)

Fun Fact.
when I worked the Grand Opening of the Bowling Green OH store(156), the nearest they could get most of us into hotels was in Maumee. ( same week as Graduation @ BGSU)
I forget the Hotel, but it was right off 475.
My day off that week also just happened to be the day one of my friends was moving out of the Dorms @ UT, so I went to help him move out of Parks Towers and back home for the Summer.... way back in May 1999...

Is that a regional brand? Never heard of it.
It’s like Walmart, but their fresh baked cookies are far far superior to Walmart. Mostly out here in the Midwest.

Looks like I’ll be filling up at Meijer from now on, gas counts towards our mPerks!

It’s like Walmart, but their fresh baked cookies are far far superior to Walmart. Mostly out here in the Midwest.

Looks like I’ll be filling up at Meijer from now on, gas counts towards our mPerks!
While it may be similar to Walmart in principle.....Meijer doesn't include the unsolicited, often stomach-churning visual anatomy lessons and is devoid of mullets.

They're a lot like Kroger in many ways

Meijer also carries a Warren produced oil has their house brand. Use it frequently on OCs for folks who want a cheap change
In fact....going to be doing an OC on my daughter's boyfriend's '14 Sante Fe in a couple of days.

20201011_110637.jpg
20201011_110659.jpg

Meijer also carries a Warren produced oil has their house brand. ...
Yes, same as Rural King's oil, among others. Both those stores are where I visit family in western Kentucky, but neither is near here. That's Warren Oil, not the other Warren.

Yes, same as Rural King's oil, among others. Both those stores are where I visit family in western Kentucky, but neither is near here. That's Warren Oil, not the other Warren.
Could have sworn the last time I looked SuperTech around here said Warren Distribution on the bottle

While it may be similar to Walmart in principle.....Meijer doesn't include the unsolicited, often stomach-churning visual anatomy lessons and is devoid of mullets.

They're a lot like Kroger in many ways
I can send you to multiple Krogers that would give you plenty "People of Walmart" type options. The clientele is really based on the area. It can happen with Meijer as well but admittedly, nowhere near as much, but I attribute that to fewer stores in comparison to WM and much fewer than Kroger. And to be clear, we've got (6) Meijers here, (9) Walmarts, and two dozen Krogers in the same area. That said, we stopped at a particular Meijer on the way home, one we normally wouldn't go to based on its location, and my wife and I said to each other "don't think we'll come to this location again...".

I can send you to multiple Krogers that would give you plenty "People of Walmart" type options. The clientele is really based on the area. It can happen with Meijer as well but admittedly, nowhere near as much, but I attribute that to fewer stores in comparison to WM and much fewer than Kroger. And to be clear, we've got (6) Meijers here, (9) Walmarts, and two dozen Krogers in the same area. That said, we stopped at a particular Meijer on the way home, one we normally wouldn't go to based on its location, and my wife and I said to each other "don't think we'll come to this location again...".
The Meijer we shop at is about a mile away from a Walmart. Yet the environment couldn’t be more opposite. It's gotten to the point that I rarely go to Walmart anymore.

As far as oil and filters are concerned, Meijer carries as much as WM does. I just wait for sales and can get them cheaper than I could WM most of the time anyway. And if I need some cheap oil I just get Meijer's version of SuperTech/Amazon Basics/Kirkland.

All of the Krogers in town are clean, nice places. One exception is one that is located across the street from where a Walmart closed a couple of years ago. Those folks just migrated to Kroger.

For me, I drive past a nice Walmart (it really is) twice a day on the way to/from work so it's my preferred place. There's a Kroger 1 minute from my work, it's a nice store, but crowded normally. I have to drive past a different Kroger (the one we go to on weekends) in order to get to Meijer, so I just don't bother... Our son goes to that same Meijer frequently though as it's close to his work.

One thing to note about Meijer is that apparently our stores are one of their preferred "test" markets. Outside of the Grand Rapids area, the stores here were among the first to get the real, nice interior remodeling, specifically in the clothing areas that are standard in most (or all) stores today.

As far as not-nice Krogers, there's one with many nicknames - "Ghetto Kroger" (likely given this nickname by wealthier kids that attend the nearby university) or "Deliverence Kroger". Another one close to it has security guards....

For me, I drive past a nice Walmart (it really is) twice a day on the way to/from work so it's my preferred place. There's a Kroger 1 minute from my work, it's a nice store, but crowded normally. I have to drive past a different Kroger (the one we go to on weekends) in order to get to Meijer, so I just don't bother... Our son goes to that same Meijer frequently though as it's close to his work.

One thing to note about Meijer is that apparently our stores are one of their preferred "test" markets. Outside of the Grand Rapids area, the stores here were among the first to get the real, nice interior remodeling, specifically in the clothing areas that are standard in most (or all) stores today.

As far as not-nice Krogers, there's one with many nicknames - "Ghetto Kroger" (likely given this nickname by wealthier kids that attend the nearby university) or "Deliverence Kroger". Another one close to it has security guards....

Our Meijer stores got a big makeover in the clothing section too.....maybe a couple of years ago or so.

Back