MC FL400s Cut Open Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! No rock-n-roll background music though.
laugh.gif

I am always amazed at how much media is in a Motorcraft. What's not to like?

There will be a lot more Motorcrafts in my future, especially since I'm moving our vehicles back toward severe service schedules.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
laugh.gif

I could have narrated but y'all might not have understood my thick Cajun accent.
grin.gif

lol I know what you mean. I sound like a redneck retard when I hear myself recorded. I'm smart I swear!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Looks like 5-6 oz of oil remain in the fairly large FL400s.

There was more oil in the canister than in the video. I had taken the cartgidge out several times and set it on the towel. This is the edited version.
35.gif

I think the filter did everything you could have asked it to do and you got your money's worth. The only thing I might add is maybe give some thought to wearing latex or nitrile gloves. Maybe I'm paranoid and maybe they would have gotten it anyway, but I've seen too many old, retired mechanics that have Parkinson's.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
I think the filter did everything you could have asked it to do and you got your money's worth. The only thing I might add is maybe give some thought to wearing latex or nitrile gloves. Maybe I'm paranoid and maybe they would have gotten it anyway, but I've seen too many old, retired mechanics that have Parkinson's.

Kruse, you're very correct in saying that about the gloves. I have not worked in my trade (pipefitter/welder) since August, 2011. 95% of my job was pipefitting but I was a certified welder also. The only time I ever wore gloves was when I was welding or fitting steel pipe and fittings. I did A LOT of screw pipe in my career and wished I had wore gloves to protect my hands from the oil.
My hands are looking normal again, finally. But, they have had over 30 years of abuse from NOT wearing gloves.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
laugh.gif

I could have narrated but y'all might not have understood my thick Cajun accent.
grin.gif

That's OK we'll listen to it as many times as needed to understand what you are saying

Originally Posted By: steve20
laugh.gif

grin.gif

That's OK we'll listen to it as many times as needed to understand what you are saying

Could always go with sub-titles.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
Nice job. A little JB Weld and you'll be ready for another OCI.

wink.gif

Dangit, you beat me to it! I was going to wait until early tomorrow and make a comment similar to that.
grin.gif

Since you are a certified welder, what are the chances of actually welding that back together?

wink.gif

Dangit, you beat me to it! I was going to wait until early tomorrow and make a comment similar to that.
grin.gif

Since you are a certified welder, what are the chances of actually welding that back together?

It can be done. You would have to get it down to bare metal. Then, spot weld around the whole canister first. Finally, weld in 1/4's, opposite of each other. All tig welded, of course.
cool.gif

If you weren't careful, you could test the flash point of the oil. Let me know how much fuel dilution you have when you're done.

If you weren't careful, you could test the flash point of the oil. Let me know how much fuel dilution you have when you're done.

"IF" I live through the welding process.
grin.gif

Fixed! I decided to go the easy route. I think I will do a 10K mile OCI this time.
grin.gif

003ywd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back