Maxlife or Schaeffers 7000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought two cases of Schaeffers 7000 Blend 1 5w20 and 1 5w30 at 3.79 a quart. I am anxious to get it in!

I've been an oil nut for some time ... and a BITOGER from the very beginning. I've tried lots of brands of oils, found virtually none that were bad but after owning a handful of vehicles, after seeing my UOAs as well as hundreds of others on this site, the one brand of oil I have the most confidence in is Schaeffers.

Quote:

if its expensive it must be good right? Just stick with the maxlife.

At about $4/qt when bought in the gallon, containing severely processed grp II, containing PAO, containing Moly, containing Penetro, having a visc. range at 40degC that I've never seen (and I've viewed a slew of brand name and non-brand name PDSs), having UOAs on BITOG that bring it praise, being manufactured by a company that can be obsessed with lubrication w/ no bean counters telling them what the Wally World price pt pressures are this wk (though I have high respect for several brand name oils including Maxlife). Just thought I'd clarify some of my reasons.

Especially being able to run it safely to 10k+ OCI's. Heck, quarts of Maxlife cost $3.79 some places!

Quote:

I Didnt think 3.79 a quart was expensive...

I agree,I pay $3.79 also.I use schaeffers 7000 in the wifs nissan maxima and the supreme 9000 in my 2004 cummins diesel.Best oil on the market IMHOfor you dollars spent.
thumbsup.gif
coobie

Looks like the verdict is Schaeffers 7000 if you can find it. This stuff is a bit hard to track down.

Quote:

Looks like the verdict is Schaeffers 7000 if you can find it. This stuff is a bit hard to track down.

Salesrep can help you on this site with your Schaeffer needs. If I didn't run Schaeffer I would take a close look at MAXLIFE FULL SYNTHETIC based on what I have learned of it as of late.

Quote:

Especially being able to run it safely to 10k+ OCI's. Heck, quarts of Maxlife cost $3.79 some places!

Some engines can go to 10K intervals quite easily with Schaeffer oils. Some engines can't do 10K intervals with any oil due to their designs. Make sure you verify your intervals with any oil before settling on that interval.The price of the 7000series and 9000 series is so close that I run the 9000 series exclusively since they have come out with a 5W30 9000 series oil. The 9000 5W40 is the best HDEO I have ever used in the $15-$25 a gallon range.
thumbsup.gif

That's a good place to start. Run a sample at 5K and if there's plenty of life left bump it up to 7.5K. It has worked really well in my Hondas but to be fair most oils test well in K-motor Accords. It has also done well in a 4.6 F-150, and Tacoma 4&6cyl engines. These models have run 10K intervals by my customers and their UOAs were good.
Alot depends on the characteristics of your engine and how you run it.

Mokanic, have you found 9000 5w30 in quart of gallon containers yet. I heard somewhere (not from the rep - read it on a web site somewhere) that presently 9000 5w30 was only available in 55 gal. drums - but that may be old news (but 9000 5w30 hasn't been out long).

I do a bit of puttering around town, and a lot of highway. The car will sit for a few days, then be shot out onto the highway. It warms up as it goes along at 65-70 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back