Maxlife 5W30 (Red bottle) VW2.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure why not. That engine is not really picky about what oil you put in there. Since you have the older engine, does your 2.0L consume any oil?

Originally Posted By: lpcmidst128
Sure why not. That engine is not really picky about what oil you put in there. Since you have the older engine, does your 2.0L consume any oil?

Not at all. Just alittle weep from the valve cover gasket...I know for sure it doesnt like the 40W's too much at least in the winter time.

I have MaxLife Synth in Mom's 1996 Passat 2.Slo

I might actually go dino 5w-20 in winter. She lives in the city and does all short trips.

Hi,
ARB1977 - This engine will generate deposits (namely varnish) due to high oil temperatures in some applications (vehicles). This can lead to oil pump drive issues and the like

A quality HDEO 5W-40 synthetic is a good choice in this case

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
ARB1977 - This engine will generate deposits (namely varnish) due to high oil temperatures in some applications (vehicles). This can lead to oil pump drive issues and the like

A quality HDEO 5W-40 synthetic is a good choice in this case

I ran Syntec 5W40 once during the winter. I decided to change out the PCV and noticed a white goo like unevaporated condincation in the PCV and in the line...now i dont know if the PCV was going bad since it was original or what. She did have a 15 min commute on the freeway, i would think that would be enough time to burn off any condincation...its not leaking any water so i dont know. I may go back to the Syntec 5W40 and see if it comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back