Amsoil signature in my european engine

Hi, i have used amsoil signature 5w30 in my 2010 mk8 1.4 ivtec civic for the last 3 oil changes . I now realise that maybe i should have used the european Amsoil..Amsoil signature appears to have an HTHS of only 3.1 where as the european oil is 3.5 which may mean more wear protection.. my honda doesn't have a turbo (though of course it has a catalytic converter)
... so I'm hoping the higher saps in the Signature oil has not caused any problems . Should I switch to the european Amsoil

Hi, i have used amsoil signature 5w30 in my 2010 mk8 1.4 ivtec civic for the last 3 oil changes . I now realise that maybe i should have used the european Amsoil..Amsoil signature appears to have an HTHS of only 3.1 where as the european oil is 3.5 which may mean more wear protection.. my honda doesn't have a turbo (though of course it has a catalytic converter)
... so I'm hoping the higher saps in the Signature oil has not caused any problems . Should I switch to the european Amsoil
I was confused by the "European Engine" in your Civic?? This was a special engine built in Europe? I'm not familiar, frankly.

That said IF this is a Honda built engine, either Amsoil 0W-30 is more than adequate for "wear protection" and Sig series is NOT a high SAPS oil.

I was confused by the "European Engine" in your Civic?? This was a special engine built in Europe? I'm not familiar, frankly.

That said IF this is a Honda built engine, either Amsoil 0W-30 is more than adequate for "wear protection" and Sig series is NOT a high SAPS oil.
Pablo ..as you can tell I am no expert on these things and I assumed an engine made for a european honda would be different , such as emission controls or higher or lower compressions ..also the fact Amsoil has a European version of their oil gave me that
impression , though of course that need not apply to a Honda. It could be I don't have this correct and European Honda's don't have engines built for the
european market. I rather meant SAPS being a little higher in the Signature rather than high ( I believe its a medium saps ) ..so it seems I just need to be assured that the 3.1 HTHS in the signature is wear protection enough for the honda engine (european or otherwise) rather than the 3.5/3.6 HTHS in the European Amsoil

Pablo ..as you can tell I am no expert on these things and I assumed an engine made for a european honda would be different , such as emission controls or higher or lower compressions ..also the fact Amsoil has a European version of their oil gave me that
impression , though of course that need not apply to a Honda. It could be I don't have this correct and European Honda's don't have engines built for the
european market. I rather meant SAPS being a little higher in the Signature rather than high ( I believe its a medium saps ) ..so it seems I just need to be assured that the 3.1 HTHS in the signature is wear protection enough for the honda engine (european or otherwise) rather than the 3.5/3.6 HTHS in the European Amsoil
There probably are some differences to be sure.

All good thoughts, and yes either one will be top notch. You will not detect any wear difference.

I asked that question before because it seems like cars made for European market are spec’ed for heavier oil as if they would all be used on the Autobahn. It used to be Honda has more turbo charged engines imported to European market than to the US. But we get those same engines such as the turbocharged 1.5l and 2.0l here too.

I asked that question before because it seems like cars made for European market are spec’ed for heavier oil as if they would all be used on the Autobahn. It used to be Honda has more turbo charged engines imported to European market than to the US. But we get those same engines such as the turbocharged 1.5l and 2.0l here too.
Not so true today with similar EU and UK restrictions on what grades can be recommended.

Civics were Made in Swindon until a year or so ago

Honda made a most of their European market cars in Swindon till recently

Back