Manufacturer of Honda, Acura oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Honda makes two different oil filters for the Acura TL and Honda Accord. One has a suffix of A01 and the other has a suffix of A02. What is the difference (if any). Thanks.

Quote:

From what I've read, A01 = Filtech, A02 = Fram.

Since the dealer only has A02 models (which you say are made by Fram) wouldn't I be better off with an aftermarket brand? I would only consider Napa Gold, Purolator Pure One, or Mobil 1 filters as they are readily available in my area and I don;t mind paying a dollar or two for a premium filter. Is one of these three preferable over the other? Thanks.

Your choices are all good filters. I know the Mobil-1 m110 extended performance filter, fits the Acura Rsx base with the 2L (4) cylinder motor.

Your filter choice, could also be based on the length of your oci.

I think you could get a better filter for less money. I really prefer the Filtechs however, I have 5 of them actually right now. I have a friend that works at an Acura dealership that could get you some of the Filtechs for $4 each if you're interested, let me know
smile.gif
I've also used Napa Gold, SuperTech and Valvoline filters on my car, and they've both worked fine as well, although I actually prefer the SuperTech because of it's size and price, and it's easy to find because Wal-Marts are everywhere.

Quote:

I think you could get a better filter for less money. I really prefer the Filtechs however, I have 5 of them actually right now. I have a friend that works at an Acura dealership that could get you some of the Filtechs for $4 each if you're interested, let me know
smile.gif
I've also used Napa Gold, SuperTech and Valvoline filters on my car, and they've both worked fine as well, although I actually prefer the SuperTech because of it's size and price, and it's easy to find because Wal-Marts are everywhere.

Can you confirm this with your friend?

I was hitting up dealers for the A01 Filtech filters a while back. All everyone has around here is the A02 Frams. The parts guy told me that they (Honda) will be coming out with a new A03 later this year. The contract with Fram is about up, and who knows which company will make the A03 filters.

I haven't been able to confirm this yet, but if it's true, it might be the end of Honda Frams!
throwroses.sml

Thanks,
Brian

Quote:

Quote:

smile.gif

Can you confirm this with your friend?

I was hitting up dealers for the A01 Filtech filters a while back. All everyone has around here is the A02 Frams. The parts guy told me that they (Honda) will be coming out with a new A03 later this year. The contract with Fram is about up, and who knows which company will make the A03 filters.

I haven't been able to confirm this yet, but if it's true, it might be the end of Honda Frams!
throwroses.sml

Thanks,
Brian

that would be a good news... let's hope A03 isn't Honeywell...

Quote:

smile.gif

I'm in for 10 or 12 just let me know if it can be done. Thanks
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back