Manual Tranny fluid for a 2010 Camaro Tremec6060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the manual states to use a Dexron III, have seen folks on other forums mention using Royal Purple but at $18 a quart was looking for a better option. I run the car pretty hard so I'm looking for something that holds up really well and helps smooth out the shifting.

Try Amsoil Torque-Drive® Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid Product Code: ATD1G-EA $43.55 for a gallon.

Use it in my manual 6 speed Corvette.

Last edited:
Motul Multi-ATF supposedly fixed some shift quality issues that Dodge Vipers were having on hot track days. They used to shift poorly when very hot, but not with the Motul Multi-ATF. Pretty sure they use the T6060 now, don't they?

It's been freakin' awesome in my car, too, for what that's worth. My manual tranny also specs a Dex III. Shift quality is VERY consistent over an eerily broad range of temperatures. Certainly couldn't say that of the Red Line D4 that was in there previously.

Amsoil is usually great stuff, too. I haven't used their ATF but I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

By the way, BIG respect to you for buying your Camaro with the correct transmission.
thumbsup2.gif

RP Synchromax lover here. Used it in my E39 M5, E46 M3 and GTO all with great success. All saw high ambient temps on the street and even numerous track days.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: J_Myler
Vipers use the T56 if I remember right

That's what they used to use. It seems they use the T6060 now, at least from 2008 on.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Motul Multi-ATF supposedly fixed some shift quality issues that Dodge Vipers were having on hot track days. They used to shift poorly when very hot, but not with the Motul Multi-ATF. Pretty sure they use the T6060 now, don't they?

It's been freakin' awesome in my car, too, for what that's worth. My manual tranny also specs a Dex III. Shift quality is VERY consistent over an eerily broad range of temperatures. Certainly couldn't say that of the Red Line D4 that was in there previously.

Amsoil is usually great stuff, too. I haven't used their ATF but I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

By the way, BIG respect to you for buying your Camaro with the correct transmission.
thumbsup2.gif

The Vipers might use a slightly different (stronger?) version of the 6060, as they (and the Vettes as well) did when all of these cars used the T56.
The Vettes & Vipers used a triple cone synchro setup with a stronger/larger/higher spline count input shaft, carbon fiber lined blocker rings from the get-go (unlike the earlier, pre-'01 f body's cellulose lined ones) along with a few other small differences.

BUT, the function (especially in the 6060 versions) is pretty much the same, so if the Motul helped the Vipers, it should also be top notch in the f body/y body 6060s.

I might even try it in the winter instead of the D4, as long as it is not MUCH more POE/diester based than the D4 (but how could we EVER know that??) as I still have the cellulose blocker rings in my T56
frown.gif
, and does not cost twice as much.

Not only did he pick the "correct" gearbox, but he also got a decent power increase with his LS3 (and less complexity without the D.O.D.) over the slushbox option.
thumbsup2.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
Try Amsoil Torque-Drive® Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid Product Code: ATD1G-EA $43.55 for a gallon.

and it's what Amsoil's site recommends for use in his transmission.

Originally Posted By: Unleashedbeast
Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner

and it's what Amsoil's site recommends for use in his transmission.

If it's either of the V8 models, yes. The V6 recommends: LLT: Manual Transmission,......GL-5
SEVERE GEAR 75W-90 Synthetic EP Lubricant (SVGQT)

LS3: Manual Transmission,......GLS [3]
Torque-Drive Synthetic Transmission Fluid (ATD1G)
Synthetic Universal Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATFQT)
L99: Manual Transmission,......GLS [3]
Torque-Drive Synthetic Transmission Fluid (ATD1G)
Synthetic Universal Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATFQT)

What's the difference in the two different V8's in the new Camaro? LS3 vs. L99?

NVM, I see the L99 has Active Fuel Management and is paired with the auto transmission. No thanks, I'll take the LS3 and manual please =)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Unleashedbeast
What's the difference in the two different V8's in the new Camaro? LS3 vs. L99?

NVM, I see the L99 has Active Fuel Management and is paired with the auto transmission. No thanks, I'll take the LS3 and manual please =)

The L99 is also down 26 h.p., and 10 lb. ft. of torque at the crank compared to the LS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back