Magic Jack??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about MJ for some time now and would like the imput/advice from you gentlemen. As usual the secretary will disavow any knowledge....

Thanks Smoky

lots of threads in the archives on this
beer3.gif

Last edited:
I have Magic Jack. For $20 per year I can't complain. My computer is on all day and most nights too, so needing to have the computer on all the time does not bother me. Can be a little glitchy every once and a while, but all in all I like it.

Originally Posted By: powayroger
The new version, the MJ plus, apparently the computer can be off, but you plug it into your router.

Been using Skype with a Netgear SPH200D for 5 years. Similar concept, netgear plugs in to the router, base station boots skype, dect to a cordless handset. Had to block Comcast from calling me once a month for the bundle ha!. If MJ plus can do that its a winner.

You can also purchase an Obihai device and use it with Google Talk, some drawbacks but as of right now it is completely free after you buy the device. Plenty of info if you Google that too.

My father swore by it....he would talk for hours back when he used it....and never had a problem with it...they do have a very vague user agreement though.....it's not truly "unlimited" they can throttle/limit you as they see fit, etc....I recall one night we were on the phone for [censored] near 3 hours.....and every 1 and a half hours we would get disconnected :p No big deal, just call back :p

When I was out to visit him I used it......I did not like the MagicJack application......reminded me something of Windows 98 cheesy Visual Basic programming Graphical User Interface haha....really....but just my opinion
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back