Made Keto egg nog

I could easily try it.

Which fake eggs did you use?
Lol, nothing "fake" here my friend ;)
Only whole, natural ingredients.

For this recipe, the only ingredients are:
-1 cup of raw, unsalted cashews
-1 can of coconut milk
-1/2 cup toasted coconut (I buy the unsweetened, shredded coconut and toast it myself in the oven at low heat)
-1/2 cup dates
-1 tsp fresh nutmeg (get the whole nutmeg and grind extra).
-1/4 tsp ground cloves
-1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp salt (we generally skip this as we never usually add salt to most things made at home)
-(optional - 1 tbsp maple syrup) We never add it, but if you want it a bit sweeter, I suppose it'll round out the sweetness profile.

For the process, simply soak the cashews in hot water for at least an hour, same with the dates.
Then combine everything and blend (making sure to remove the pits in the dates before blending).
The longer it sits, the more it'll thicken so when your ready to enjoy, add a splash of water and/or rum, mix and enjoy!
🍻

Lol, nothing "fake" here my friend ;)
Only whole, natural ingredients.

For this recipe, the only ingredients are:
-1 cup of raw, unsalted cashews
-1 can of coconut milk
-1/2 cup toasted coconut (I buy the unsweetened, shredded coconut and toast it myself in the oven at low heat)
-1/2 cup dates
-1 tsp fresh nutmeg (get the whole nutmeg and grind extra).
-1/4 tsp ground cloves
-1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp salt (we generally skip this as we never usually add salt to most things made at home)
-(optional - 1 tbsp maple syrup) We never add it, but if you want it a bit sweeter, I suppose it'll round out the sweetness profile.

For the process, simply soak the cashews in hot water for at least an hour, same with the dates.
Then combine everything and blend (making sure to remove the pits in the dates before blending).
The longer it sits, the more it'll thicken so when your ready to enjoy, add a splash of water and/or rum, mix and enjoy!

Thanks. Nice drink, I guess, but it's not egg nog. Most family members are allergic to cashews.

I love coconut, coconut nog you could call it.

I've ordered inulin and allulose. I may grind both with some dates, add a known amount to a measured quantity off egg nog, taste and go from there.

I don't like stevia. It's got a strange after taste that I don't care for. My wife tried to slip some past me recently in some brownies and was surprised that I noticed.
The illegal stevia that is the whole herb tastes better but it doesn’t pair well due to having a bitter flavor that matches colas and ginger beverages best.

Monk fruit, xylitol and allulose have cleaner flavors

The illegal stevia that is the whole herb tastes better but it doesn’t pair well due to having a bitter flavor that matches colas and ginger beverages best.

Monk fruit, xylitol and allulose have cleaner flavors
I don't think stevia is illegal in the USA. But agree. I find the flavor off putting

-ol sugar alcohols I find phony tasting as well and the more we learn about them, the more we find, not that healthy

Allulose does not have a complete, or long enough track record. Sketchy production, all from corn. Some say non-GMO, but I have my doubts. It's not legal in some 1st world countries. I'll go easy on it.

Inulin has a bit longer track record, legal in most countries and doesn't come from corn.

I don't think stevia is illegal in the USA. But agree. I find the flavor off putting

-ol sugar alcohols I find phony tasting as well and the more we learn about them, the more we find, not that healthy

Allulose does not have a complete, or long enough track record. Sketchy production, all from corn. Some say non-GMO, but I have my doubts. It's not legal in some 1st world countries. I'll go easy on it.
Non-erythitol Sugar alcohols at worst reduce nutrient absorption and cause gas and diarrhea, Considering what they are found in that isn’t always a bad thing.
Birch Xylitol is useful occasionally especially during a cleanse as it clears e-coli and other nasty stuff.

Monk is typically considered the safest. Inulin has been a dietary supplement for over half a century with b-vitamins and should be safe in moderation.

Stevia as it’s used in the US are extremely specific compounds from the plant.

More complete concoctions or whole leaf are not FDA approved.

You may find leaves as an herbal which bypasses the requirements but will never find more complete formulations on the shelf or in commercial products.

There has been controversy that the whole food extract might be carcinogenic so only 2 of the compounds are approved due to testing on them specifically.

Broader mixes of stevia can pair better with other foods and flavors as the flavor is different.

Go to Brazil and the stevia there tastes different than here.

Nothing in this world is perfectly safe, drinking too much water can kill you as can too much salt or too much erythritol. Too much table sugar kills also.

Added more egg
Tiny amount of turmeric
Some ground cloves
A little bit more vanilla extra

And I made a paste of date sugar, date syrup, two packets of Whole Earth, and squeeze of agave (yeah not keto as a paste), I mixed it in until the nog started to sweeten, overshot a little.

Back in the fridge to mellow.

Added more egg
Tiny amount of turmeric
Some ground cloves

And I made a paste of date sugar, date syrup, two packets of Whole Earth, and squeeze of agave (yeah not keto as a paste), I mixed it in until the nog started to sweeten, overshot a little.

You have me curious what a savory egg nog would be like, add a little salt and a few drops of molasses

So I dipped into the egg nog after lunch.........I forgot to mention above I added a little salt and just a little Mg and K citrate.

It's been aging for 24 hours. It's good!

1) It's sweet, just right actually
2) Spice level is good. But I believe commercial nog uses forms of spice extracts. There seems like a lot of swimming ground spices to achieve the spice profile. It's not off putting though.
3) Can't taste the turmeric, gave it a bit more yellow.

There is one negative, viscosity is relatively low. The liquid just won't get the super eggy thickness unless whole real eggs are used. My wife says it's possible to pasteurize eggs on the stove top. TBD.

Added more egg
Tiny amount of turmeric
Some ground cloves

I'd add more nog. 🤣

The nog is a week old.

It is getting down there, more than half gone. Still fresh, but the flavors have really come together. It's refreshing and tastes good. No weird aftertaste either. Right in the middle is that fake egg taste. Does detract points!

So would I make again? Yes but never use the fake egg and egg substitute.

I need to figure out how to pasteurize a whole batch of fresh organic liquid eggs. It MAY be possible! This is the only way - I think - short of using raw eggs to make REAL EGG nog.

Wow seems really maple forward now. Not bad

IMG_6619.jpeg

Back