Made Keto egg nog

Lot's of sugar in good eggnog.

Daughter and everyone else raved about my bake beans. Finally one day she asked me to make them and let her observe.
After she saw me dumping in the large amount of brown sugar...She said Dad, I'm never eating those again! ;)

I use Stevia for a sugar substitute but at about 1/4 what they say, which is it's equal amount to sugar. And it has a clove after taste for me.

Amazing how much eggnog depends on sugar

I’ll type up my mixture later Tiny amount of booze. Lots of spices. Half half, cream, almond milk. No raw egg, used liquid egg substitute

Body ok flavor fine but doesn’t egg my nog because not sweet

Might go with date syrup

TBD
Allulose works wonders. By far my favorite keto sweetener. Not bad for you like the erythritol studies are starting to point to.

Allulose works wonders. By far my favorite keto sweetener. Not bad for you like the erythritol studies are starting to point to.
I just learned about Allulose. It seems that it has some health benefits.

In small quantities, it is known not to have any harmful qualities (GRAS, generally regarded as safe) , and is naturally produced and found in raisins and dates. Allulose has no affect on blood sugar or insulin levels.

While this video covers a wide range of topics, it does address Allulose:

EDIT: At the 21 minute mark...

Erythitrol and Stevia are supposed to be the better sugars/sweeteners, wonder how it tastes using that?

I was introduced to inulin by a nutritionist/trainer 20 years ago. It has since become pretty popular and is readily available. Its drawback is cost but it has health benefits. Inulin can be used as a sweetener but it has also other uses.

My wife makes a nice date paste from whole dates, but I was thinking it would be a might chunky in eggnog. I love the idea though.
If you threw it all in the blender, it'll dissolve any/all chunks.

That's the only sweetener we use in our vegan egg nog.
Folks usually turn their noses up at the idea of "vegan"...until they taste it!

It's thick, creamy, not too sweet yet nicely lighter feeling than conventional nog.

If you threw it all in the blender, it'll dissolve any/all chunks.

That's the only sweetener we use in our vegan egg nog.
Folks usually turn their noses up at the idea of "vegan"...until they taste it!

It's thick, creamy, not too sweet yet nicely lighter feeling than conventional nog.
I could easily try it.

Which fake eggs did you use?

I’ll type up my mixture later Tiny amount of booze. Lots of spices. Half half, cream, almond milk. No raw egg, used liquid egg substitute
In a large - sterile - 2 quart mason jar, mix well:

1 qt Half-half
1 pint of egg substitute ("Just Egg")
2 shots heavy cream
2 shots vanilla almond milk
Vanilla extract, almond extract, rum extract to taste
Cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, allspice, others all to taste, your choice
1 shot of brandy, 1 shot of Southern Comfort (optional)

In a large - sterile - 2 quart mason jar, mix well:

1 qt Half-half
1 pint of egg substitute ("Just Egg")
2 shots heavy cream
2 shots vanilla almond milk
Vanilla extract, almond extract, rum extract to taste
Cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, allspice, others all to taste, your choice
1 shot of brandy, 1 shot of Southern Comfort (optional)

Add xylitol, allulose, stevia, maltitol, mannose, inulin for some sweet.

Back