M1 filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that the M1 oil filter had wire backing on the media. However, after looking at some pix and vids, it seems like maybe it does not. Googled info on it, but nothing really came up that talked about it. I'm sure someone around knows for sure. Thanks.

I can assure you it does not have wire backing. It does have synthetic blended media though. I will make a recommendation though, the Fram Ultra is available for less than the M1 line of filters. It does have wire backed fully synthetic media and is capable of 15K FCI's. Not knocking M1 as I hear they make a good filter, its just that for the price its hard to beat the Fram Ultra.

Thanks fellas. Sure looks like it does not have the wire backing. Darn heavy filter. Don't know it that translates into a quality filter though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Billiam
Thanks fellas. Sure looks like it does not have the wire backing. Darn heavy filter. Don't know it that translates into a quality filter though.

M1 oil filter is a high quality filter, but Fram Ultra is a much better buy because it costs less than M1, also with double layers synthetic media and high debris holding capacity.

I think they seem heavier because of the can thickness.

Good filters, but as bullwinkle said, they are overpriced.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
M1, like the Bosch DP, is a synthetic/cellulose blend. Overpriced for what you get, IMO.

I have a Bosch DP in my Honda now....
i was surprised how heavy it was out of the plastic box...

when Im done with my OCI

ill cut it open.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I think they seem heavier because of the can thickness.

Good filters, but as bullwinkle said, they are overpriced.

Mobil 1 oil filters are very solidly built/well constructed, and like others have said, it has cellulose/synthetic blend media that is not wire-backed. It is a very good filter, but also like others have said, it is more expensive than some full-synthetic oil filters (like Purolator Synthetic, Bosch Long Life, and FRAM Ultra).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back