Luvin' the tcw3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Spyder7
Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: Kaie
Is there a specific TC-W3 people are using? or just anything cheap at the store?

So long as it's TC-W3, doesn't matter.

+1. I just use Castrol Super Outboard as its cheap and I like the half liter bottles it comes in. I'm liking the combination of MMO & TC-W3 I'm using. I only recently started using them together, so I'm still tweaking the ratio. 3 ounces of MMO and 1 ounce of TC-W3 to 10 gallons seems to produce the best effect, for me, so far.

Edit: I rely on my Scangauge, the feel of the car, and my ears for feedback on the tweaking process. The addition of TC-W3, in this amount, to MMO produces in my engine a smoother sound and mileage looks good on the Scangauge. I'm also used to reading the ignition timing off it along with rpm, as that's good real time feedback, and all the numbers look good while the TC-W3 seems to smooth the engine acoustics.

-Spyder

Good info. I popped into O'riellys this morning. The 2stroke selection was pretty grim. I didn't see any of the brands/bottles/labels i saw when looking at the various types of TC-W3. I'll have to hit up AZ this afternoon.

I did however pick up a bottle of SL-1. It said to dump the whole bottle in there, so i did [i had just filled up my tank]. I already had MMO in as i use it every fill up. Do you suppose it's safe to have all three in there? MMO, SL-1, & TC-W3. The only adverse effect i can think of is just too much stuff thats not fuel. Even though they are all combustible, i still wouldn't want to eff anything up.

I picked up 4 quart bottles of Pennzoil Premium Plus, Marine, Synthetic Blend TC-W3 at AZ for $3.99 a quart. Not a bad price and I find the quarts easier to handle rather than the gallon jugs. In this weather we need every edge possible to keep moving with a well lubed UC and clean UC.

I will give this a try since my Walmart was out of Super Tech. I guess the snow blowers consume quite a bit with all the snow piled up.

I just picked up a quart of TC-W3. I put 5 ozs into my 15 gallon tank, which had 10 gallons of fuel already blended with MMO, and I like the initial result. The idle is completely smooth now whereas before with the MMO it was 99% correct. I think Spyder7 indicated that he liked each for differing reasons. I'm going to run both through this tank and then switch to TC-W3 and see what happens. Again, I like the initial impression. For the record, I have mechanical fuel injectors and they really depend on cleanliness to work properly. Also, I notice that the pumps are even more happy based on the lack of noise.

How do you guys feel about storing MMO and TC-W3 in the same container? Measured out in doses?

Originally Posted By: keesue
I just picked up a quart of TC-W3. I put 5 ozs into my 15 gallon tank, which had 10 gallons of fuel already blended with MMO, and I like the initial result. The idle is completely smooth now whereas before with the MMO it was 99% correct. I think Spyder7 indicated that he liked each for differing reasons. I'm going to run both through this tank and then switch to TC-W3 and see what happens. Again, I like the initial impression. For the record, I have mechanical fuel injectors and they really depend on cleanliness to work properly. Also, I notice that the pumps are even more happy based on the lack of noise.

Sorry, I meant to say I put 3 ozs into my tank.

How do you guys feel about storing MMO and TC-W3 in the same container? Measured out in doses?

What do you mean by that?

If you put 4oz of MMO per 10 gallons and 2oz of TCW-3 oil per 10 gallons, then you could mix 2:1 MMO and TCW-3 in the same bottle.

Originally Posted By: Loobed

If you put 4oz of MMO per 10 gallons and 2oz of TCW-3 oil per 10 gallons, then you could mix 2:1 MMO and TCW-3 in the same bottle.

Yeah, thats what i mean. storing them in the same bottle. Rather than carrying the two separate bottles with me. I dont see that any harsh effects would take place but you never know. So i figured id ask.

Yeah, thats what i mean. storing them in the same bottle. Rather than carrying the two separate bottles with me. I dont see that any harsh effects would take place but you never know. So i figured id ask.

I pre-mix them into the same empty Regane bottle and take that with me when I fill up, rather than taking the two separate bottles.

-Spyder

This is exactly what I'm going to do. Thanks! The two together is an incredible mixture. As I posted in the MMO thread which talks about TC-W3, I'm grateful I found about about TC-W3 in the forum. My engine has NEVER purred like it does now, from its idle - which I cannot feel - through the power band to speeds suited only for passing. Incredible...

Dropped by auto zone today and picked up some of the Pennzoil brand TC-W3. Dropped about 2.5 oz in my just filled 13 gal tank.

I came home and measured out 2 oz to every 4z of MMO into an empty MMO bottle i had. Looking forward to the results!

Ugh,,u all might want to go back and reread the tcw3 data one more time. One of the main purposes of using tcw3/2cycle oil was u dont have to use MMO in ur gas as a cleaner or as a UCL because MMO is to expensive and tcw3 is doing the same thing.

I burn a lot of fuel, 3 to 4 tanks sometimes, do the math,,,100 gallons a week is alot of MMO vs tcw3 mixture. but to each his own and if u are happy using both,,why not.

Originally Posted By: fujirio
so if i have a 10 gallon tank would I add only 2 oz?

TCW3 is used at 1 ounce/5 gallons of gas, so TCW3 alone would be 2 ounces for 10 gallons. Now if you mix it with MMO 3 ounces to 10 gallons should be OK. You'll have to experiment a bit to find the sweet spot for your engine. HTH

I found my sweet spot for my 4Runner with 1 ounce for every 4 gallons of gasoline. Instead of MMO, I've been mixing mine with Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner mixed with the Gumout Regane at 3 ounces per fill up. I use the empty 6 ounce Gumout Regane bottles, pre filled with the mixture of TC-W3 and the Chevron/Gumout Regane, for adding to the fuel tank. These 6 ounce bottles make it easy to transport the premixed solution. I keep the filled bottles in a empty, large, tall plastic, Folgers coffee container from Costco and it fits 6 six ounce bottles secure with the lid.

Mongo that's innovation at its best! Got to hand it to the Bitog members!

Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back