Lucas went in for tomorrow's trip to PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Lucas fuel treatment as a gift (along with other car care products) a while ago, and has been sitting around. Not one to let things go to waste, I dumped it in not too long ago in preperation for a family trip from New York City suburbs to East Stroudsburg, PA.

I will let you know my MPG observartions compared to my last trip there with 6 oz. MMO, which was 23.1 MPG.

Unfortunately, I can't perform an "Italian Tune-up", as the family will be in the car.

On a side note, I get alot of wierd looks when going to work, sans three year old and 3 month old, in an 07 Mustang GT with an Edelbrock exhaust system, doing 75 with a baby on board magnetic sign that I keep on all the time. I get a kick out of it, lol.

Other than weather, driving style and mean velocity (all else equal), I would say most MPG variations are do to fuel formulation differences.

I tried Lucas last year as an experiment to see if my MPG would go up and it sure was a pain dosing my tank at every fill-up. When I got home my overhead computer didn't show any difference compared to if I didn't even treat the gasoline. It was a very interesting experiment and disgusted as I spent money wasted.

Durango

But does it work for even that?

I'm all for a UCL. TC-W3, MMO, ... but Lucas. Hmm. I'm a tough sell on that one.

I'm thoroughly 100% converted after I stopped (for 2 days) using a UCL. It went back in first chance I got. I just can't find anything on Lucas other than marketing hype. They are genius at that... if their products were as good? This I'm not so sure of. But they aren't cheap.

-Spyder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back