lucas fuel additive & motor oil in fuel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i know most additives do very little in the way of improvements when it comes to fuel but i had some lucas fuel additive and it did improve mileage. My next question is can i add regular motor oil such as a 10-30 or even a 30 weight to my gas. My 96 Nissan maxima has over 250k and i have done no motor maintenance other than plugs and oil and filter changes. The lucas did improve my mileage but was it because it just thickened up my fuel and my well worn injectors like the thicker mixture? Also if i can not use a motor oil would a 2 stroke oil work? I understand that i will need to dilute these down a lot i was thinking in the 250 or 300 to 1 ratio's i'm hoping that a dilution this thin will not foul plugs. I know my car needs certain sensors such as both o2 and probably a new pcv valve so i'm not worried about trashing those. Also i dont want to become a super polluter but i have no emissions where i live so that is not an issue. So if anybody has any advice or tips or dilution recommendations please let me know thanks ya'll

I don't understand why you want to put oil in your gas, you say you have a Maxima w/ 250K and no major work on it. Why change anything?? Is there a problem?I would never put oil in my gas ,nor have heard of doing that. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT BEFORE YOU GET SOME PROFESSIONAL ADVICE!! I just felt compelled to tell you that since no one has replied yet. It is not A diesel engine, maybe that's where you got that idea from?

Last edited:
I wouldn't put oil in my gas.

But I do remember way back in the day, old timers used to put tranny fluid in the gas, or even right down the carburetor to do some cleaning.

If you wanted to put oil in your gas, a 2cycle oil that's designed to burn cleanly would be what you would want to use.

I don't do this, plenty of people do, though.

Hey the car does burn oil about a quart of 20-50 and a little bottle of stp oil thickener every 3000 miles and the car has had a very hard life. We have owned it since it was new and back when gas was cheap i was always reving it to the moon and spinning tires sometimes even on a cold engine. Yes i know these were not the best ideas but i was young and dumb and didnt care. I was also looking for something to compensate for a high amount of ethanol in the fuel where i live. My milaege as dropped significantly i understand ethanol burns much faster than gas and they run the highest legal amount possible here. It clogs up all the time and we are constantly cleaning injectors and have to add stable if the vehical is gonna be parked for more than a month. I was looking to see if the oil 2 stroke or motor oil would provide an extra layer of protection for the cyclinders and valves without clogging the injectors. I have seen good results with lucas as i said before but at $10 a bottle motor oil would be much cheaper. Will 10 30 burn and what is a fair dilution so that i dont foul plugs thinking 3 oz to 10 gal or less whats ya'lls thoughts

Motor oil is not intended to be used as a combustion agent. It is designed to resist burning off in the hot spots within the engine to reduce consumption.

I like to put Marvel Mystery Oil in my tank here and there. It seems to massage to fuel pump and quietens it. It's nice for the top end of your engine, too. Have you ever tried MMO in your fuel? Try it sometime. One bottle per tank works for me, and may do what you're trying to do with motor oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back