Lubro Moly Valve Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
less than 1% (1,2,4 trimethylbenzene), and 2 different types of Naptha

I have not looked at he B12 MSDS, but I think I remember seeing toluene, acetone, and xylene on the can (5 years ago).

Last edited:
If there's any PEA in it, the amount is likely too low to accomplish much. It is 70-90% Naphtha. I'm not a fan of Seafoam or B12, so this particular product from Lubro Moly (who do make products I like) doesn't float my boat. It may be a reasonable alternative for those who like Seafoam.

Each to their own.

-Spyder

I tried it and wasn't impressed with it. I'll stick to RL. I like the products the company offers, but not everyone can be a winner. JMO

If I am not mistaken, this particular product was one of the highly rated one and recommended by BMW owners.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
If I am not mistaken, this particular product was one of the highly rated one and recommended by BMW owners.

Porsche also recommended it ...15-20 years ago. The gas was probably worse back then so the VS may have worked betetr back then.

Porsche supposedly did a test on an engine with 50+K miles, and after using the Ventil Sauber, the engine gained 5 psi of compression. The flat 6 air-cooled engine tended to burn more oil than a watercooled engine.

Last edited:
VS is pretty weak as it is designed to be used with every tank. Personally, I did not notice a difference with VS in my car. The Lubro Molly fuel injector cleaner was better but fuel system cleaner by Regane was much better. Lubro Molly's eqvt product is way expensive and I have not tried it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BBDartCA
Looks like a mix of Seafoam (Naptha) and and B12 (benzene).

Wonder if it can be induced through a vacuum line like Seafoam?
confused.gif

I used Liqui Moly Ventil Sauber (=Lubro Moly Valve Clean) on my parents' VW Passat in Germany - the improvement in idle quality and responsiveness was very noticeable within half a tank (~300 km/180 miles of driving). I recommend it.

The MSDS is likely not showing the components that do most of the cleaning.

I did not yet try it on my parents' XJ6, but will do this the next time I visit them.

I might give it a try for my own cars (though I am rather well stocked on Techron, Regane, and Redline SI-1 from various sales...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back